NHL draft lottery results. Sabres are pick 13.

Happy Days

Sabres will pick 13th. The draft will be June 28th and 29th

No. 1Chicago Blackhawks

No. 2Anaheim Ducks

No. 3Columbus Blue Jackets

No. 4San Jose Sharks

No. 5Montreal Canadiens

No. 6Arizona Coyotes

No. 7Philadelphia Flyers

No. 8Washington Capitals

No. 9Detroit Red Wings

No. 10St. Louis Blues

No. 11Vancouver Canucks

No. 12Arizona Coyotes (from Ottawa Senators)

No. 13Buffalo Sabres

No. 14Pittsburgh Penguins

No. 15Nashville Predators

No. 16Calgary Flames

13 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Lucky #13

I turned 13 years old on Friday the 13th during a full moon (so cool). Wore 13 while playing little league Allstars where we went to state and had multiple HRs during the tournament

BIG fan of lucky 13 so hopefully it wil be the same for the Sabres

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I was wondering so I looked up who were the last 15 players taken in the draft at #13, to get an idea of how good that pick is/can be:

Frank Nazar, Matthew Coronato, Seth Jarvis, Spencer Knight, Ty Dellandrea, Nick Suzuki, Jake Bean, Jakub Zboril, Jakub Vrana, Josh Morrissey, Radek Faska, Sven Baertschi, Branden Gormley, Zack Kassian (last time the Sabes picked 13th), and Colton Teubert.

Other guys available in those years taken within a couple picks of 13th that were still on the board then (picks 14-17): Cole Caufield, Charly McAvoy, Jacob Chychrun, Matthew Barzal, Dylan Larkin, Sonny Milano, Alex Tuch, Tom Wilson, Tomas Hertl, J. T. Miller, Vladmir Tarasenko, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I was wondering so I looked up who were the last 15 players taken in the draft at #13, to get an idea of how good that pick is/can be:

Frank Nazar, Matthew Coronato, Seth Jarvis, Spencer Knight, Ty Dellandrea, Nick Suzuki, Jake Bean, Jakub Zboril, Jakub Vrana, Josh Morrissey, Radek Faska, Sven Baertschi, Branden Gormley, Zack Kassian (last time the Sabes picked 13th), and Colton Teubert.

Other guys available in those years taken within a couple picks of 13th that were still on the board then (picks 14-17): Cole Caufield, Charly McAvoy, Jacob Chychrun, Matthew Barzal, Dylan Larkin, Sonny Milano, Alex Tuch, Tom Wilson, Tomas Hertl, J. T. Miller, Vladmir Tarasenko, 

I somewhat trust the Sabres with their huge analytics department to make a very informed selection.  Although the Isak Rosen pick makes me wonder a little.  Like immediately after the pick everyone was like “didn’t see that comin” and he’s still a bit of an enigma.  Making progress for sure, just not the home runs that Savoie, Ostland and Kulich seem to be. 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I somewhat trust the Sabres with their huge analytics department to make a very informed selection.  Although the Isak Rosen pick makes me wonder a little.  Like immediately after the pick everyone was like “didn’t see that comin” and he’s still a bit of an enigma.  Making progress for sure, just not the home runs that Savoie, Ostland and Kulich seem to be. 

Sam Ventura was hired less than three weeks before the 2021 draft did not hire Dom Galamini (October 2021)and Matt Barlowe (January 2022) until later. The 2022 Draft was the first one that the analytics department was up and running for. Although I believe there was one pick that was made without full support of that department in the second round. It was the analytics department would wanted or trade up from 28 for Kulich. Fortunately the board fell their way.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

There will be some very good players there at 13, and I am confident in this Front Office find one.  

• Agree 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:12 PM, Pimlach said:

There will be some very good players there at 13, and I am confident in this Front Office find one.  

I agree, although there are not many defensemen ranked in the top 15 - maybe 2 - and both are likely to be gone by 13.  The Sabres have tons of quality forwards in the pipeline, but are lacking in defensemen.  They are going to have to acquire some by way of trade, or maybe package picks to move up and get one of the defensemen this season.  There are veteran defensemen that can be acquired in free agency (and that's a must), but they also need to stock the pipeline.  I don't know what the later rounds look like, but the can also go BPA in the 1st round at 13 and pick up multiple defensemen in the later rounds to stock the pipeline.  I trust that the organization knows what it needs and talke the necessary steps.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

The only player I would consider trading up for* would be Michkov. If he drops to to the flyers at 7, then would see if they could swing a trade for that pick. 

Wouldn't trade up for any of the Dmen. 

* I'm at least trying to be semi realistic here, of course I would trade up for Bedard but I don't see the Hawks taking my call!!

21 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I agree, although there are not many defensemen ranked in the top 15 - maybe 2 - and both are likely to be gone by 13.  The Sabres have tons of quality forwards in the pipeline, but are lacking in defensemen.  They are going to have to acquire some by way of trade, or maybe package picks to move up and get one of the defensemen this season.  There are veteran defensemen that can be acquired in free agency (and that's a must), but they also need to stock the pipeline.  I don't know what the later rounds look like, but the can also go BPA in the 1st round at 13 and pick up multiple defensemen in the later rounds to stock the pipeline.  I trust that the organization knows what it needs and talke the necessary steps.

Personally would like to see the Sabres keep that 13th pick and make a trade with Olofsson and 1 of the 2nds (plus an A-/B grade prospect if necessary) to land either 1 of the 2 D they should be looking to obtain or a goalie that's expected to be more consistent than either Comrie or UPL.  And then grab the other D they should be bringing in via FA.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:31 AM, ddaryl said:

I turned 13 years old on Friday the 13th during a full moon (so cool). Wore 13 while playing little league Allstars where we went to state and had multiple HRs during the tournament

BIG fan of lucky 13 so hopefully it wil be the same for the Sabres

I also turned 13 on Friday the 13th. Weird. 

Also left handed and born on national left handers day which imo is a doozy 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.