Levi and Quinn (and now Krebs) make Team Canada for IIHF 2023.

Eleven

38 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm kinda surprised Tuch is going, considering his injuries this season, you'd think he'd take a break and let his body heal up completely.... he's battled injuries practically his entire career thus far.    

He probably just wanted to play hockey with his brother and thats the only reason why.

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

Both goalies are from Quebec and drafted by the Panthers.

I don't know whether you had problems reading the tweet, or whatever, but they are "butt guardians."

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I'm kinda surprised Tuch is going, considering his injuries this season, you'd think he'd take a break and let his body heal up completely.... he's battled injuries practically his entire career thus far.    

He said it is the chance to play with his brother as they have never played together before.

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

The lure of playing with his brother for his country is strong.

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

He said it is the chance to play with his brother as they have never played together before.

That's what beer league is for.

He's a pro getting paid a large sum to be his best for Buffalo.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

The lure of playing with his brother for his country is strong.

Well I hope and pray he comes out healthy. 

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He probably just wanted to play hockey with his brother and thats the only reason why.

That's fine, but if gets hurt they'll be lots of questions.  He's a key piece. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

• Eleven changed the title to Levi and Quinn (and now Krebs) make Team Canada for IIHF 2023.

The Sabres on Team Canada should get a confidence boost playing powerhouse teams like Kazakhstan, Slovenia, Norway and Latvia. Slovakia, Switzerland and Czechia make up the stronger competition. I don’t want to get too overconfident because there are often upsets at this tournament.

This is nowhere near an elite team but they should easily qualify for the playoff round. A few reinforcements will join after a few more NHL teams are eliminated so the boys need to show well to keep their roster spots.

I have heard a few stories over the years that this is a pretty laid back tournament for the NHLers, enjoying the European hospitality.

I will try to watch a lot of Canada’s games to see how the Sabres are doing. I hope Levi does well and gets the net for the playoffs.

21 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I'm not at all...he said he is really close with his brother and really looking forward to playing with him. May never get the chance again, why would you think he wouldn't jump at the chance?

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'm not at all...he said he is really close with his brother and really looking forward to playing with him. May never get the chance again, why would you think he wouldn't jump at the chance?

From what I have watched in the past it is a “fun” tournament, especially the round robin part of it. 
Players sitting in outdoor cafes enjoying the European scenery and fine beverages.

Agree on Tuch, playing with his brother was a huge motivation. Luke may not have been invited without Alex joining up.

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Canada just added a third goalie. Joel Hofer from the Blues.

Levi can take the net from him and Montenbeault.

Levi's going to start if he wants to, no worries.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

Slightly disappointing…

Levi mentioned Calgary Flames forward Milan Lucic as someone he looks forward to playing with, as he grew up watching the 34-year-old.

“I’ve been watching a lot of these guys growing up for a while. Milan Lucic is my teammate and I’ve been watching him since, I don’t even know, and playing video games as him growing up. It’s so great to be his teammate and the same for a lot of these guys.” said Levi.

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

Slightly disappointing…

Levi mentioned Calgary Flames forward Milan Lucic as someone he looks forward to playing with, as he grew up watching the 34-year-old.

“I’ve been watching a lot of these guys growing up for a while. Milan Lucic is my teammate and I’ve been watching him since, I don’t even know, and playing video games as him growing up. It’s so great to be his teammate and the same for a lot of these guys.” said Levi.

The majority of the team are early twenty somethings, Lucic is one of the only guys Levi would have watched growing up.
He’s about to see first hand how slow Lucic looks, especially on that big ice.

8 hours ago, French Collection said:

The majority of the team are early twenty somethings, Lucic is one of the only guys Levi would have watched growing up.
He’s about to see first hand how slow Lucic looks, especially on that big ice.

I’m still trying to fathom how Lucic got the invite.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, bg17 said:

Was Kahun also a victim of Krueger? I’ll always wonder.

22 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Slightly disappointing…

Lucic might be the oldest guy on the team with name recognition. So I can’t exactly say I’m all that surprised.

Comments by Winnipeg Ice head coach James Patrick on Peyton Krebs...

“The footprint he had on the organization in terms of culture as far as work ethic, coming to the rink everyday trying to get better, not blaming others or ice time, not making excuses, just accepting adversity and fighting through it, it set the tone for every young guy,” Patrick said. “He really set the tone for the future.”

Krebs also taught his teammates valuable lessons off the ice.

“He’d already gotten a couple of touches in the NHL, so he knew what it took to play at that level,” said Benson, a Chilliwack, B.C., native who was teammates with Krebs during the 2020-21 season. 

“He brought his habits back to the WHL. I picked up a lot of what he did. When you’re younger, you don’t really think about taking care of your body and what you have to put in your body to perform at your highest capabilities. That’s just stuff Peyton did, and you could really see that it translated onto the ice. He hasn’t really been injured and keeps his body in tip-top shape.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.