Levi and Quinn (and now Krebs) make Team Canada for IIHF 2023.

Eleven

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was hoping he'd be a Captain Canada type guy but I guess not. not many players volunteer for this thing these days. Definitely not many top names or veterans. 

Sometimes a big name will go once to experience it and to try and add it to their resume.

Crosby went once and won.

I get the Ryan Smyth vibe from Cozens, he won’t go as often because the Sabres will be in playoff runs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

You never know who is banged up at the end of the year. 

JJ is going for Germany. Great experience for all 3 young guys.

Good point. Cozens was definitely banged up after he took that shot off his ankle. I was surprised he came back at all after that, let alone later in the game.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Good point. Cozens was definitely banged up after he took that shot off his ankle. I was surprised he came back at all after that, let alone later in the game.

I think Cozens enjoyed it last year and would go back but he wants to get healthy and focus on the upcoming season. He said a lot of his training will be in London Ontario again.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I think Cozens enjoyed it last year and would go back but he wants to get healthy and focus on the upcoming season. He said a lot of his training will be in London Ontario again.

Pfft it's not even the real London.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Add Krebs to the list 

Damn, looking at that roster Jack has an opportunity to be one of the key offensive guys.

His former junior coach, Tourigny, is running the show.

Toffoli is the only proven scorer on the team.

Not a roster that inspires much excitement, but a good opportunity for our trio.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Good for Krebs, this will be a great experience for him. Maybe he gets paired with Quinn.

Both goalies are from Quebec and drafted by the Panthers.

Krebs can get some fighting tips from Lucic, lol.

Agree.  Good for Krebs.  This could very well be his last opportunity to play for his country unless he really settles in a a Selke type 2 way forward or his offensive game takes a leap beyond what it seems it will.  Glad he and the Sabres decided to let him take this opportunity.  (Still sad for Derek Plante and his not being allowed to play in the Olympics way back when because the Sabres had so many injured C's and really needed him to hold down the fort.)

• Like (+1) 1

I'm kinda surprised Tuch is going, considering his injuries this season, you'd think he'd take a break and let his body heal up completely.... he's battled injuries practically his entire career thus far.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.