The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

11 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

This and I’m at the game. Eichel is on the back of a Milk Carton- Missing!

If you watching closely you would have seen him sitting in the penalty box in the second period…

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The Kraken came down to earth a bit and I don't think Edmonton has much of a chance. I do wonder if Dallas has what it takes to bring down Vegas. They certainly seem like the team from the west. 

I think the East easily takes the cup. 

This didn't age well..in fact, It soured pretty quickly 

20 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

A good point was made on the radio this morning when listening to a show out of Toronto.  Carolina is missing some important pieces...Svechnikov, Pacioretti, and Teravainen.  However, they are playing like a team that will absolutly refuse to be outworked, no matter if the 1st or 4th lines are on the ice.

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Carolina does look like a team that can smell the cup and wants it. Boston got all the press this year but for most of the season Carolina was just behind in terms of points. Trailed off a bit at the end when I think they knew they'd have no chance at first overall but they play the right way and might be able to handle the Florida stuff. 

Carolina is extremely well coached IMHO and executes a 200-foot game extremely well.  A couple of summers ago I was hoping Carolina's owner would be too cheap to pay Brind'amour market rate and TP would swoop in with a huge offer.  I'd probably pick Brind'amour as the best coach in the NHL.

In any case, I think the most likely outcome in the EC is that Florida wins 1 of the next 2 at home and then finishes off the Leafs in game 5 or game 6, and Carolina beats Florida in the next round.  FWIW, Carolina won 2 out of 3 vs Florida this year.

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The Kraken came down to earth a bit and I don't think Edmonton has much of a chance. I do wonder if Dallas has what it takes to bring down Vegas. They certainly seem like the team from the west. 

I think the East easily takes the cup. 

On paper this is logical but every year, and especially this year, it becomes clear that there is an element of randomness in the NHL playoffs -- goaltending, injuries, puck luck, etc. -- that produces unexpected results.  On the one hand it makes for excitement, but on the other hand it means the better team frequently loses.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Looks like Kanes sayin “Stay home Karen 😘

He blew her a kiss.  WIth five fingers. 5. She, of course, is giving him a single finger.  1.  The Oilers' social media team grasped not only that Karen was being Karen, but also the number of fingers on each hand and the 5-1 score.  Love it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.