Berglund Shading TNT

ndirish1978

Tage was 18 or 19 when he first came to St Louis and Berglund was there.  This is the first negative thing I have heard about Tage related to his time in St. Louis.  Even if true, can we excuse an 18 year old kid for being perceived as arrogant?   Sure we can, especially based on what we see for ourselves today.  

As for Berglund.  He is known as a guy that did not work hard enough to achieve his talent/skill level in St Louis.   He was inconsistent and he never took a leadership role.  He was considered to be lazy.  He was known to be an aloof guy off of the ice in St Louis, and fans were ecstatic to get rid of him and his terrible contract. 

Berglund gave nothing to his new team in Buffalo aside from walking away from a big contract.  Which reflects on his mental state at the time.  

He should get ZERO credibility.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Tage may have been immature and overconfident as a teenager but he is a model NHLer now.
By all accounts he works extremely hard, is a husband who supported his wife through some major challenges and is now a father.

He has overcome a lot of doubts to get where he is so he needed a lot of confidence in his abilities to get to his present level.

Buffalo fans may be tainted by our views of Berglund but I just see him as a quitter.

Edited by French Collection
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The statement could be true but still means nothing. A lot of young kids come in full of themselves with high expectations of instant success and then they get knocked down to reality and how they deal with that partly determines their future. 

Clearly, Tage took some time adjusting to the game in the NHL, learning what he could and couldn't do, growing into his body. If there was some mental stuff in there too so what? He clearly put it all into place and has matured into a solid star player. What he does now matters, not what he did at 18. 

Berglund, on the other hand, as a fully developed man, had a hissy fit over being demoted for his crap play and rather than work to earn a higher spot quit and took his toys and went home to end his career. Now that's a legacy. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Tage may have been immature and overconfident as a teenager but he is a model NHLer now.
By all accounts he works extremely hard, is a husband who supported his wife through some major challenges and is now a father.

He has overcome a lot of doubts to get where he is so he needed a lot of confidence in his abilities to his present level.

Buffalo fans may be tainted by our views of Berglund but I just see him as a quitter.

Berglund never bought into getting traded to Buffalo. He was so saddened by it, he went into a deep depression as a result. It’s too bad Botts and Co. couldn’t vet him properly before acquiring him. He never would have had an opportunity to quit on a team that wanted him. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Berglund never bought into getting traded to Buffalo. He was so saddened by it, he went into a deep depression as a result. It’s too bad Botts and Co. couldn’t vet him properly before acquiring him. He never would have had an opportunity to quit on a team that wanted him. 

Very true on the bolded.   St Louis really wanted to get rid of him.   He was overpaid for his contribution.   He was not good for the room.  He had been around for awhile,  and although players liked him and he liked the town, he was not going to be a part of what they wanted to do.  They had younger and more hardnosed forwards that made him expendable.  

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Tage was 18 or 19 when he first came to St Louis and Berglund was there.  This is the first negative thing I have heard about Tage related to his time in St. Louis.  Even if true, can we excuse an 18 year old kid for being perceived as arrogant?   Sure we can, especially based on what we see for ourselves today.  

As for Berglund.  He is known as a guy that did not work hard enough to achieve his talent/skill level in St Louis.   He was inconsistent and he never took a leadership role.  He was considered to be lazy.  He was known to be an aloof guy off of the ice in St Louis, and fans were ecstatic to get rid of him and his terrible contract. 

Berglund gave nothing to his new team in Buffalo aside from walking away from a big contract.  Which reflects on his mental state at the time.  

He should get ZERO credibility.  

Yea a guy that beats his wife shouldn't even get airtime. 

I'm not all about that cancel culture but that is absolutely disgusting that they let that  Scum on the air

Late last season (I think) I saw a podcast with a goalie that TnT played against in the AHL.  Claimed that players on his team wanted to be on the ice against TnT.

Whatever.  He’s obviously not the same guy he was then.  It’s irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Tage was definitely a garbage hockey player a few years back, Berglund was a disgrace to the swords 

I remember Tage leading a 3 on 2 versus the Jets, doing a weird spin drop pass that Winnipeg took down the ice on their own odd man rush, scoring

I ***** hate statements like this.

He was never garbage.

He was a kid that hadn't developed yet who should have never been playing in the NHL yet if he wasn't on a garbage franchise (at the time).

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

He was never garbage.

He was a kid that hadn't developed yet who should have never been playing in the NHL yet if he wasn't on a garbage franchise (at the time).

Every statement I make judging the quality of a player will be implicitly comparing them to average NHL players. He was garbage relative to that standard, that's all I mean. And he was, he couldn't do anything

22 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Polak_Heiskanen_WHAT_.gif

Stars 

I remember this lol

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Every statement I make judging the quality of a player will be implicitly comparing them to average NHL players. He was garbage relative to that standard, that's all I mean. And he was, he couldn't do anything

I remember this lol

Fine. I still think it's a crap way to talk hockey.

Not unlike that sentence.

35 minutes ago, SwampD said:

He was never garbage.

He definitely was close to bust / garbage  145 games with a total of 18 goals.

Probably buffalo was close to letting him go 

Edited by Buffalonill

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He definitely was close to bust / garbage  145 games with a total of 18 goals.

No. It's about timing. That's on you for have ridiculous expectations for a 22 year old on a crappy team. If you are even thinking the term bust about a guy in his early 20s, then you are just an uneducated hockey fan, or just being a dick.

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No. It's about timing. That's on you for have ridiculous expectations for a 22 year old on a crappy team. If you are even thinking the term bust about a guy in his early 20s, then you are just an uneducated hockey fan, or just being a dick.

No one thought he be this good probably a 20g guy but he had 18 in 145 games.

If you think this normal to give this much time and games please give me another player that this happened too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.