Berglund Shading TNT

ndirish1978

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Why even defend the guy hes a  Rapist ,  beats women . 

He shouldn't even be mentioned  To give him headlines but here we're

Was he convicted? All I could find after an admittedly brief search is an article from December stating that he might attempt a comeback. The article says Berglund denied the charges.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Was Tage arrogant or confident?  It is often a fine line.   No one makes the NHL without a good dose of it.  

Berglund sounded like a raving lunatic.  That was not praise either.

He said something like, Then look at him this season... What's up with this guy!

Yeah he sounded very animated to say the least. To my ear he was marveling at Tage's breakout after what PB saw in the early days.

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He said something like, Then look at him this season... What's up with this guy!

Yeah he sounded very animated to say the least. To my ear he was marveling at Tage's breakout after what PB saw in the early days.

Did they say why they were even interviewing him?  I can't imagine that he's someone many want to hear from.  Pulling a random name out of a hat, I don't think most Sabre fans are sitting here thinking "hey, I wonder what Brian Holzinger is up to".

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Did they say why they were even interviewing him?  I can't imagine that he's someone many want to hear from.  Pulling a random name out of a hat, I don't think most Sabre fans are sitting here thinking "hey, I wonder what Brian Holzinger is up to".

I kinda what to know, he couldn't score but I could watch him (and Afinogenov) skate past D all day.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

Now you’re throwing shade at Holzinger. Berglund is trash and nobody should care what he thinks. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Could be.  Or he could be softening his comments because he realizes he was trashing a then 19 year old kid.   I doubt Patrik has that level of EQ.  He has always been a head case.   

Whether the ex-Sabre was incredible on the ice or sucked, after a couple years … I really couldn’t care less what the ex-player, ex-coach, ex-GM or ex-janitor says about current employees of the organization. His comments don’t move the needle at all for me to care. Nothing burger ala Lehner, Leino etc etc.

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

I mean maybe but my lasting memory of him was constantly getting breakaways and not scoring on them…ever. 

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

The reverse Lehner.

This sounds like an offseason topic for a video. "Can Brian Holzinger score on Robin Lehner?" I'm sure Lehner could use the cash.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Yeah, that's what I'm doing.🙄

I agree. That’s exactly what you’re doing. Many of us have fond memories of that team. I doubt you’d find anyone not wanting to hear what Brian Holzinger is up to or anyone else that played on that team. 

2 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I agree. That’s exactly what you’re doing. Many of us have fond memories of that team. I doubt you’d find anyone not wanting to hear what Brian Holzinger is up to or anyone else that played on that team. 

Well, looks like he might be playing it smart and is just retired, lol:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-holzinger-24b1444

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Whether the ex-Sabre was incredible on the ice or sucked, after a couple years … I really couldn’t care less what the ex-player, ex-coach, ex-GM or ex-janitor says about current employees of the organization. His comments don’t move the needle at all for me to care. Nothing burger ala Lehner, Leino etc etc.

Not to mention that there's no one left, not players, coaches or front office, from the team Berglund is pooping on. 

5 hours ago, kas23 said:

That’s an incredibly odd fantasy world you’re living in right there. Good luck with that. 

17 hours ago, steveoath said:

*insert curse of your choice* Patrik Berglund.

It is sad but he was probably one of many that had Buffalo on the "never want to go there list".   I think that list is still pretty big even today.  So Adams needs to be careful who he adds. 

So now he openly talks about how stupid he was with regards to understanding his contract and the NTC.  The Blues were genius in getting rid of this dopey guy.  They dumped a bad contract and made room for their young forwards.  I never thought they would win a Cup that year but everything came together:  ROR's chemistry with a loaded vet team, a hot goalie, removal of deadweight (Berglund and Sobotka), and insertion of younger and tougher forwards in their place.  

He had about a 100 texts and no phone calls from either team.  That tells you something.  

The interview was…eye-opening?

You get glimpses of it listening to Andrew Peters, but as @PASabreFan says this is how (a lot?) of these guys really are: dude bros with a poorly nuanced, entitled athlete’s perspective on their profession and life.

Next time you read so-and-so is a “good guy, beloved in the room” remember this interview and think about how that is also how Berglund is regarded in St. Louis. Your version of “good guy” and a 24-year-old hockey player’s are probably not aligned.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.