The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It amazes me that NHL players can tip a puck moving that fast with that much precision.  

I gotta admit, that was one of my specialties when I played. I had a wicked backhand and I was very good at deflecting pucks. I practiced it every day in my driveway. 

45 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The announcer in the Avs game has a terrible goal call

SCARRRRR

Yeah, but I like his play-calling overall. Much better than Dan.

That third period was really good.

Moving on to the Vegas game...caught the second half of the second and the only thing I was thinking was that I thought if the Sabres were playing either team they'd be winning.

I really can't wait til the KBC looks and sounds like the T-Mobile Center in Vegas. Once the Sabres are in the playoffs, that place is gonna have the roof blown off. And it prolly won't take much to wreck that dump. But I'll be loud and proud. Even if I get buried in the bathroom. 

Hey why don’t we have the salary cap carry over into the playoffs ? It would keep these teams that sit players out till the playoffs honest. I get it that they play for free in the playoffs but somethings got to give. Stone got two big goals tonight.

• Haha (+1) 1

Oh ya, amazing how Stone can put up huge minutes coming off of an "injury". 

Seattle putting up a good fight but wtf, E-Rod threw a big hit. Did he ever hit anybody during his time in Buffalo??? Ex-Sabres doing well in the playoffs is always highly annoying, especially when they were cast off or run out of town and discarded like Montour. A lot of 1-1 series. Once again, playoffs are FUN!

There's a lesson in the NJ series though. We are building really similarly to NJ and we don't want to be NJ. We want playoff success do we not? Hope KA is paying attention. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Vegas team has just proved they're a bunch of cheating, sabotaging a-holes. They removed all the pedals from the stationary bikes in the Jets' lockerroom. In 2018, they also removed all the nets from the Lightning practice goals. https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/vegas-golden-knights-reportedly-sabotaged-jets-locker-room-gets-slammed-for-bush-league-move/

14 minutes ago, Quint said:

The Vegas team has just proved they're a bunch of cheating, sabotaging a-holes. They removed all the pedals from the stationary bikes in the Jets' lockerroom. In 2018, they also removed all the nets from the Lightning practice goals. https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/vegas-golden-knights-reportedly-sabotaged-jets-locker-room-gets-slammed-for-bush-league-move/

This is the type of stuff that makes junior NHL execs roll their eyes to the heavens because they have to deal with it.

2 hours ago, Quint said:

And Bill Polian had the marching band in behind the opposition bench. 

Good. Wish we cared this much about winning. DG probably takes toast into the visiting room.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Quint said:

I don't see anything wrong with this you're supposed be visiting a hostile environment 

Buffalo probably gives the opposition team a buffet to welcome them 

Man some of you have gotten soft 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't see anything wrong with this you're supposed be visiting a hostile environment 

Buffalo probably gives the opposition team a buffet to welcome them 

Man some of you have gotten soft 

The Russians in ‘72 were way better at gamesmanship. Stealing Canada’s food (steaks). Random phone calls during nap times. East German referees. KGB looking types around everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, French Collection said:

The Russians in ‘72 were way better at gamesmanship. Stealing Canada’s food (steaks). Random phone calls during nap times. East German referees. KGB looking types around everywhere.

Let's not forget that they turned the light off on the Jets the last time they met in the playoffs.

Cheaters all around.

Best of 5 and 3 of the first 4 are in Winnipeg...I like our odds to be honest.

Eichel played well while Scheifele played like he didn't give a *****...absolute garbage.

Edited by Ducky
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.