GDT: Senators @Sabres 4-13-2023 7pm MSG

spndnchz

Anderson looks like he hasn't played in a month or so and the Sabres look like they're starting to show their [edit:] resignation. And a kicked goal...

I take Anderson out at the first stoppage in the third period. Let him take this time, get a curtain call...  and galvanize the team, (with Levi very aware he's going in and the team can prepare for it during the intermission), and let the crowd get wild, then use that energy for the comeback.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Stads said:

Hits are 23-6 in favor of the Sens according to nhl.com

This simply is NOT acceptable in our own building....are they afraid or do they have no pride?   It is supposed to be fan appreciation night, but it's not very satisfying to watch us taking hits like a punching bag and not showing any bite in our game at all.

• Agree 3

Alright boys.  I'm back for the third period.  I'm in my happy place:

Sabres game on, got a Dibella's sub for dinner, just finished our adult league soccer game (we lost, but it was still fun/good exercise), and the kid has gone to bed.  Just going to enjoy this moment of zen watching the Sabres game, awaiting the crazy shakeup that is coming within the next month.. our second child.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Disappointing period… More chances, no goals… More Ottawa hits, no Sabre response… 24-6… Pathetic

Hockey is a physical game… It includes an element of domination off the scoreboard… The unspoken message the Senators are giving to our players is “We are dominant… You are submissive.”… In physical sports, the scoreboard usually reflects this at the end of the game… 

Do better, Boys… Do better.

If the Sabres lose by a goal today (or are down a goal with 30 seconds remaining and give up an ENG), and then win tomorrow, it could be legitimately argued that they lost 2-4 points in the standings because Toronto refused to call a lifted foot and movement of the leg toward the net (and intentionally done by both skaters) as a kick. It's not an unwitting deflection/carom in either case.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

If the Sabres lose by a goal today (or are down a goal with 30 seconds remaining and give up an ENG), and then win tomorrow, it could be legitimately argued that they lost 2-4 points in the standings because Toronto refused to call a lifted foot and movement of the leg toward the net (and intentionally done by both skaters) as a kick. It's not an unwitting deflection/carom in either case.

And miss the playoffs by 4 points.

11 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

This simply is NOT acceptable in our own building....are they afraid or do they have no pride?   It is supposed to be fan appreciation night, but it's not very satisfying to watch us taking hits like a punching bag and not showing any bite in our game at all.

This is a team of soft players. There is no way to make them hit. They have been told all season long goals goals goals. 

3 minutes ago, Quint said:

Don't know what's wrong with Tage. Ribs? Wrist? Too weak on his skates? Seems easy to knock down. I think he could use another 10-15 lbs. 

MY guess is that they would sit him like Muel, but he was shooting for 50G 100Pts.,  Also, my guess is that the issue for TAGE is a pain management, AND TAGE wants to play.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.