GDT: Dallas @ Sabres - Mar. 9, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG, ESPN+, & WGR

WhenWillItEnd66

7 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

STILL not an excuse. 

🤷‍♂️

Honestly posters saying this when ppl discuss the nuances of why the team is where they are, are lazy and obnoxious. Do better. 

7 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Not an excuse. 

The Isles looked fine without Barzal and Pageau the other night. 

Guess we aren't allowed to discuss any reasons why we might lose a game or you're going to accuse us of excuses. This comment you've defaulted to shows you're too lazy to engage in conversation. 

What's your excuse? 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

9 hours ago, Spoonman said:

And there is the disconnect. You live in the past & can’t see the forest for the trees. Got it.

Or, how about you are so narrow minded you cannot see the same Sabres problem is still there and has not been addressed. Different players, same style of play, more scoring and exciting, but same year end result. I have to say, you have used one of my favorite quotes. Have always loved that one. (And no, i am not making it a personal attack), i think all the rah rah fans cannot see the problem that is still there. They are so caught up in the scoring they cannot see the teams fault. 

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I'm not sure what you're arguing?

That Comrie should have been pulled with 10 minutes left when it was 7-3?

Because he would have been less embarrassed? And/or because the team would have been more embarrassed?

To be clear, I don't really care that he did or he didn't. I was just curious if anyone had seen it happen that late in the game. It probably has, I just don't remember it.

It was only 5:3 with 10 mins left.   At some point Comrie has to help himself 

• Like (+1) 1

I really expect one of their better efforts tomorrow ga Rangers.  Calling a big victory for the Sabres 

Time to put UPL in for the remainder of the games (with Anderson when he can) and leave Comrie in a suit 

they need to know 100% what they have in UPL (yes I know some of us are all ready have their mind made up) 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Or, how about you are so narrow minded you cannot see the same Sabres problem is still there and has not been addressed. Different players, same style of play, more scoring and exciting, but same year end result. I have to say, you have used one of my favorite quotes. Have always loved that one. (And no, i am not making it a personal attack), i think all the rah rah fans cannot see the problem that is still there. They are so caught up in the scoring they cannot see the teams fault. 

There isn't anyone who contributes on this board who has a speck of hockey knowledge isn't aware of this team's glaring needs. Of course, it is the defense, mostly lower pairing, and goaltending. And everyone here who is knowledgeable about makeup of the roster is aware that it needed to add size and toughness. That's why Greenway was brought in. Look where this team was two years ago and look at where it is now. It takes time to fix the numerous deficiencies that were evident to all of us. If you had a little more perspective, you would realize that the team is trending in the right direction. The younger players are getting better. Clearly, we are not there yet. That's part of the frustrating and at times exasperating process. That's the reality most of us are aware of.

1 hour ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

ufo meditation GIF by Percolate Galactic

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

First it's "we're too young" now we can't win without Tuch? We have been playing terrible team defense for quite some time, it hasn't changed. If it's because we're too young how is it going to be drasitcally improved by next season? If we're counting on any of these goalies next season were screwed. I agree that Tuch is another difference maker but Thompson has regressed in his game for about as long as we've been in the playoff race, so everytime we lose Tuch we're going to lose Thompson too? The coaching to me is bad all around and I hope it improves alot next season because I like Granato but this team is and was in a playoff race and to play like we have for awhile now is unacceptable imo.

Is that a real question?

Is it me, or is Dallas a huge team? I bet their shortest guy is Pavelski, and he’s gotta be 200 lbs! It should be mentioned in all this woe is us that they are also pretty good.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Thinking about this the morning after....I can't help but wonder the question of who's better or worse.......Comrie or Hutton?

Funny I thought of Hutton last night while watching Comrie.  Glad I’m not alone but it’s a sad statement in regards to Comrie that he brings back memories of Hutton 

• The day after....eeash. Playoffs are obviously done but more disturbing is that I really don't even know who this team is anymore. Are they years away? Is our coach out the door? Can our defense and goaltending really be this bad? Can we please go back to last week as this feels exactly the same as last year.

13 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:
  • The day after....eeash. Playoffs are obviously done but more disturbing is that I really don't even know who this team is anymore. Are they years away? Is our coach out the door? Can our defense and goaltending really be this bad? Can we please go back to last week as this feels exactly the same as last year.

Playoffs for unlikely but not done 

Last week they lost to Columbus 

the team (especially the stars) are beaten up, have nothing left 

need a more balanced team next year.   
I’m still very confident in the future of this team 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Well, we are obviously going to finish the season with this roster.

DG is not going anywhere, KA likes his development model. I hope they realize they need help with team D and special teams and make the necessary changes to the staff this summer.

Many teams will be in cap hell and KA needs to take advantage of his cap space to improve. These are not examples of the Sabres needs but guys like Pacioretty and Leddy were given away just to be cap compliant. Sometimes the sender even sweetens the pot with a draft pick.

KA has not weaponized the cap space at all. I have been on that horse for a while but I don’t know why not. The cap squeeze is not upon them yet and he doesn’t need to take on long term deals. Even around the trade deadline, they did not broker any trades to get a pick or two.

Looking at what the needs are, I think going hard after Saros and finding a partner for Power should be the priorities. Trotz loves his goalies so I hope Askarov is ready and that Saros wants a change.

#3-4 Dmen will be available, I don’t care if they are a bit older. KA seems to want younger guys with term but the new guy could replace the experience/leadership of KO. A bonus would be a guy from a team that has had deep runs

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

No the coach isn't out the door. Our defense and goaltending certainly needs to get better. My guess it will by maturing of the players we have and additions. This ,and I know many don't want to hear it, is a young team and a long season without a lot of depth for this level of play. I feel better about the direction of this team and it's management than I have for over a decade. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.