GDT: The Buffalo Sabres Host Atlantic Rival Tampa Bay Lightning 3/4/2023 at 12:30pm EST on MSG & ESPN+

GASabresIUFAN

8 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

They're entering Boston/Toronto level on the hate meter.

I hate Toronto less lately. Tampa is at Boston levels after these past 2 games against them. They seem like such arrogant bastards

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

I think TB is paying the price for 3 straight long playoff runs.

They have been brutal lately and have Carolina tomorrow.  They look vulnerable against the Leafs in the first round. 

Great back bounce win for Buffalo. They really needed this one and they got it. Excited to see how Greenway fits in.

• Like (+1) 3

Quick notes on the game:

My first star goes to Comrie. Especially in the first period he played strong. 

Sameulsson played well. He's strong and efficient. That masks how well he played. 

Power is a stud player. He's so positionally sound. He outmuscles players without thumping players he's engaged with. Because of that you don't notice him outmuscling players to get the puck back. You can see him getting more confident on offense. 

Lyubushkin had an excellent game. He got a lot of ice time. He's solid. 

The pass of the game was from Mitts on the back board to Hinostroza for a score. 

Quinn is getting better and better. On his goal he made a subtle move to the middle to get off a clearer shot. He's going to be an ace goal scorer for us. 

The GM has added Yost, Lybush, Stillman and recently Greenway. The roster is getting tougher and bigger. 

This season the Sabres have beaten a lot of upper echelon teams. When we get good goaltending we can beat any team. Certainly not claiming that we are in the top tier yet but when the netminding is at a quality level this team is good. 

Happy to see the youthful crowd enjoy a good home game win as I did. 

We are going to be in the playoff hunt up to the end of the season. I'm not predicting that we will get in but I'm optimistic. 

o

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

I don’t know, the blatant trip on Okposo missed late and Sammy blocked shot penalty aren’t favorable decisions.

Just watched it a bunch of times. Still not sure it was a trip.

I mean, they set the precedent earlier with that ridiculous tripping call in the first. I have a bigger problem them calling that one more than not calling the one on Kyle. And it's Tampa. I'm totally used the MFT treatment they get. At least they let Both teams play in the third.

15 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I think they’re saying it’s smart to rest them since they’re playing Carolina tomorrow 

They just lost their 4th in a row with their best line sitting on the bench.  Thinking of tomorrow is not smart to me but ok, he knows his team.  

Was he sending a message?  Sure.

Was he thinking he could run his goons and push us around?  Yes.  

Did it work?  No.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Quick notes on the game:

My first star goes to Comrie. Especially in the first period he played strong. 

Sameulsson played well. He's strong and efficient. That masks how well he played. 

Power is a stud player. He's so positionally sound. He outmuscles players without thumping players he's engaged with. Because of that you don't notice him outmuscling players to get the puck back. You can see him getting more confident on offense. 

Lyubushkin had an excellent game. He got a lot of ice time. He's solid. 

The pass of the game was from Mitts on the back board to Hinostroza for a score. 

Quinn is getting better and better. On his goal he made a subtle move to the middle to get off a clearer shot. He's going to be an ace goal scorer for us. 

The GM has added Yost, Lybush, Stillman and recently Greenway. The roster is getting tougher and bigger. 

This season the Sabres have beaten a lot of upper echelon teams. When we get good goaltending we can beat any team. Certainly not claiming that we are in the top tier yet but when the netminding is at a quality level this team is good. 

Happy to see the youthful crowd enjoy a good home game win as I did. 

We are going to be in the playoff hunt up to the end of the season. I'm not predicting that we will get in but I'm optimistic. 

o

This team has got some grit and not afraid to stand toe to toe with anyone.

Its hard to out work youth and talent.

Nice recap JohnC

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just finished watching the game.  

That's the best our forwards have played in a while.  The Cozens line and Jost really played well.

To his credit, I thought Stillman played simply and well.  Loved the big hip check, but not really the best time for a fight.  Tanner just laid him out and who knows how long Stillman will now be out for.  

I thought Comrie played his best in a while.  Not sure he was at fault for any of the goals.  

Goat Heads mean victory for the Sabres.

Weird stat.  The Sabres and Lightning finished their series 2-1-1 each.  TB won the first two and the Sabres the next two.  Each team won once in regulation 5-3 and each team won once in OT 6-5.  I guess the teams are pretty evenly matched.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I think TB is paying the price for 3 straight long playoff runs.

They have been brutal lately and have Carolina tomorrow.  They look vulnerable against the Leafs in the first round. 

Great back bounce win for Buffalo. They really needed this one and they got it. Excited to see how Greenway fits in.

Maybe its a case of them coasting.  Think about it, this team has been in the playoffs so often for so many years, does the regular season matter much for them, especially when there are 20 games left and they are pretty secure in their position?  They are pretty much locked into their postion. More than any other team they know the rest of the season matters very little compared to the playoffs.  I'm not saying they are mailing the last quarter of the season in totally, but I woudn't be surprised if that is partly true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

This team has got some grit and not afraid to stand toe to toe with anyone.

Its hard to out work youth and talent.

Nice recap JohnC

KA has added Comrie, Lyubushkin, Yost, Stillman and recently Greenway. In a short period of time the lower half of the roster is being bulked and toughened up. None of the deals could be categorized as major deals, but collectively they were purposeful and solid deals that make this a more balanced roster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not sure if Dahlin will play Monday.  Looked like he was labouring today 

turd punch bowl?

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Who hated him? Where did that come from? 

GDTs after a win are always filled with exceptionally random "But I was told Curry couldn't shoot mmmmm?!!1" statements

it's part of the fun 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.