Patrick Kane traded... to NYR

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

It's the new rental player: rental cap space.

Can’t pay rent on an NHL arena so they move to the local rec center but sure, we’ll toss some money in for no tangible benefit anytime soon (we’ll be in Quebec when that draft pick matters…). 

It’s fraud.  

8 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

I'm glad all these contending teams are making these deals. Every one, except whoever wins the Cup, will regret it. We benefit just by letting our team develop.

Again I ask, what did any of these teams give up that they will regret in the next two or three years?

The teams above Buffalo got better, not just for this year but at least for next year as well. The Sabres will not only have to continue to develop but they will have to improve significantly to compete with the big boys next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, tom webster said:

Again I ask, what did any of these teams give up that they will regret in the next two or three years?

The teams above Buffalo got better, not just for this year but at least for next year as well. The Sabres will not only have to continue to develop but they will have to improve significantly to compete with the big boys next year.

Draft picks and cap space.

Even though they’re part of the state we don’t like, If the Sabres don’t make it I’ll be rooting for the rangers. They’re a team that’s all in on winning, I have to respect that. Plus they’ll be fun to watch assuming they don’t choke it away in typical rangers fashion. I haven’t had a team to root for in 10+ years and have found the playoffs depressing 

3 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Even though they’re part of the state we don’t like, If the Sabres don’t make it I’ll be rooting for the rangers. They’re a team that’s all in on winning, I have to respect that. Plus they’ll be fun to watch assuming they don’t choke it away in typical rangers fashion. I haven’t had a team to root for in 10+ years and have found the playoffs depressing 

Sorry.  Chris Drury is an asshat.  ***** that dude and his team. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.