Jiri Kulich named AHL Player of the Week

Brawndo

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I value the leadership of Kyle and Zemgus.  If we lose one, having the other might be good.  

I know that Greenway is really big and would be a deterrent to opposing wise guys.   Can he skate, play PK, and help shut down an opposing line?  

I like that.  

I do too. I didn’t mean to imply it was a negative 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Wonder if it'd be worth bringing kulich up and sending Peterka down... he seems to be floating too much.

I don’t think Peterka is floating, he is thinking, the game has not slowed down for him yet.  He is still very young. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t think Peterka is floating, he is thinking, the game has not slowed down for him yet.  He is still very young. 

oh agreed just wonder if he needs to regain his confidence... Quinn has stepped it up seems like Peterka still lost... style and position partially different responsibilities... but especially in his own end he is too rote not going below face off circle even if he is the only one on that side.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

He is second-guessing himself so much and is way too focused on the fact he's not creating offence.

He's been at a spot for probably close to a month that he'd benefit from a game or 2 in the press box.  Problem is, Asplund wouldn't have brought anything in his stead.

Now that Vinnie's back, after Tuch is healthy he may get that chance to watch.

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

10 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

oh agreed just wonder if he needs to regain his confidence... Quinn has stepped it up seems like Peterka still lost... style and position partially different responsibilities... but especially in his own end he is too rote not going below face off circle even if he is the only one on that side.

JJP has less tools than Quinn. That's part of his issue. 

49 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I am not sure about that but Quinn plays harder... JJ just seems lost... imo better stick handler than Quinn marginal ... shot is same but Quinn gets it off faster... Quinn seeing the ice better right now... but in the A it looked the opposite.

Maybe in last season’s playoffs.  I thought Quinn looked significantly better in the regular season.  

• Agree 2

Like many young guys, Peterka has hit a bump. Long term, I still like him and he showed some very promising flashes. Nothing wrong with Rochester and putting on some muscle. Could be a different player next season. A keeper. 

Kulich needs to grow into his body. Young and doing well at his level. No reason to rush. He's 18. 

I am not sure about that but Quinn plays harder... JJ just seems lost... imo better stick handler than Quinn marginal ... shot is same but Quinn gets it off faster... Quinn seeing the ice better right now... but in the A it looked the opposite.

I think JJP is faster than Quinn in a straight line race. I think he will be bigger and more physical than Quinn.

Quinn has better edge work and can dangle through traffic. Quinn has a better shot.

The biggest difference is hockey IQ, Quinn has it in spades. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I fully disagree with everything here. Quinn has a better shot, his stickhandling is better, his IQ is better, his overall toolbox has more options. 

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I fully disagree with everything here. Quinn has a better shot, his stickhandling is better, his IQ is better, his overall toolbox has more options. 

Not sure I agree on IQ, just think Peterka's hasnt kicked in... he is not trusting what he is seeing...  hesitating too much needs to play unafraid. Not the same player we saw in the A.

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Not sure I agree on IQ, just think Peterka's hasnt kicked in... he is not trusting what he is seeing...  hesitating too much needs to play unafraid. Not the same player we saw in the A.

Dont get me wrong... I like both but Quinn is just going for it... his learning curve is faster... JJ again still seems hesitant 

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Jack Quinn is one of the smartest forwards on the Sabres. There are several reasons he is making insane passes while also being very good on defense. 

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Quinn is one of the smartest forwards on the Sabres. There are several reasons he is making insane passes while also being very good on defense. 

Not debating that... just sayin JJ is playing hesitant and is not the same guy we saw in the A... he took a while in the A for it to click may be the same here... I am sure they see his skills in practice.  Dont short JJs Q...

Edited by North Buffalo

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Not debating that... just sayin JJ is playing hesitant and is not the same guy we saw in the A... he took a while in the A for it to click may be the same here... I am sure they see his skills in practice.  Dont short JJs Q...

I'm not, I am saying Jack Quinn is better. 

My early observation is that JJ is probably going to need to change his game somewhat to be successful with Buffalo.  We have so much offensive talent up front right now and JJ isn’t likely getting in front of any of it.  And in a couple of seasons he should have a fair amount of pressure behind him.  I think JJ is going to need to develop some jam to differentiate his game from what’s on the roster, and what’s coming. He’s got the frame to do it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.