Tuch on injured Reserve

Norcal

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

2C is generally a more important position than 1RW. Big part of the advantage of having an elite C is that they can elevate their wings. When you have 3 very good players you get top of the league lines like Skinner/Tage/Tuch but even sans Tuch it should be ok. I wouldn’t want to take our CLEAR second best centre out of his spot when we can maximize what we can get from him on his own line.

Load the 2 up together down a goal late. 

👀

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I prefer to think of this as an opportunity to give another player top line minutes.  I think will be Quinn but if the Sabres need a goal late they'll put Cozens in Tuch's spot.  It will help develop other players and force them to play a level higher than their comfort zone.  Then when Tuch comes back it'll be like adding another (very good) piece.  Donny needs to stress to these guys that losing one player doesn't mean they're out of the playoffs.  If they can continue winning without Tuch and then get Tuch back it will be like turbocharging the roster heading into the playoffs.

I hate to see Tuch hurt as much as anyone else on this forum, but the team needs to treat this as an opportunity to step up.

I think Donny sold it the way I hoped he would.  Opportunity to seize!

6 hours ago, Spoonman said:

white horse GIFwhite horse GIF

we want a Hatty!!!! 

This is not the thread you're looking for.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Gotta wonder what happened with Asplund?

Has his game fallen that far that he is kept on the bench for a call up? 

Donny must really hate him. Is he Donnies Skinner? 

I just think Hino fits better with the way the Sabres play.  He is a fast skater...Asplund is just kinda there...decent in all areas but nothing really stands out.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

I just think Hino fits better with the way the Sabres play.  He is a fast skater...Asplund is just kinda there...decent in all areas but nothing really stands out.

Probably. He just fell so far so fast. I wonder if he'll be traded.

9 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Jost took his spot.

Don't believe that Granato hates him, but this team is built to score goals.  Asplund doesn't help there at all.  And with Krebs improving and Jost being added, he isn't winning a bottom 6 C role.

He'd probably be better than Peterka right now, but with JJ getting scoring chances lately, they're going to let him work through his rookie wall that he's hit.  What other winger might he even be considered to be put in in front of?  Everyone else, including Hinostroza does things either better than Rasmus or does things he can't do or both.

And with the F's being so healthy, he's found himself in Comrie's boat.  Can't play well enough in limited stretches to earn play in additional stretches where he'd possibly be able to get into a rhythm.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don’t think it is anything more than Asplunds game doesn’t fit the type of hockey Granato wants the team to play.

To be honest, I always considered Asplund a AAAA player and not important to the team going forward anyway.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Jost took his spot.

Don't believe that Granato hates him, but this team is built to score goals.  Asplund doesn't help there at all.  And with Krebs improving and Jost being added, he isn't winning a bottom 6 C role.

He'd probably be better than Peterka right now, but with JJ getting scoring chances lately, they're going to let him work through his rookie wall that he's hit.  What other winger might he even be considered to be put in in front of?  Everyone else, including Hinostroza does things either better than Rasmus or does things he can't do or both.

And with the F's being so healthy, he's found himself in Comrie's boat.  Can't play well enough in limited stretches to earn play in additional stretches where he'd possibly be able to get into a rhythm.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t think it is anything more than Asplunds game doesn’t fit the type of hockey Granato wants the team to play.

To be honest, I always considered Asplund a AAAA player and not important to the team going forward anyway.

Yeah. At the end of the day if he can't get ice time now he definitely won't be able to in the future when the new recruits arrive.

Maybe he can be included in a deal? He used to be regarded for his D. 

39 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Check out Donnie's post game interview.

He and Apert are very pleased with Vinnie in Rochester, his game and his attitude,  and Donny personally told him he would get another shot and to be ready. 

Donny backed up his word and the player responded.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Pimlach said:

Check out Donnie's post game interview.

He and Apert are very pleased with Vinnie in Rochester, his game and his attitude,  and Donny personally told him he would get another shot and to be ready. 

Donny backed up his word and the player responded.  

Hiney did respond and handled a tough situation pretty well. 

Aspy is in the same situation, he's just been skating with the Sabres instead of Rochester.

Good problem to have I suppose, just hope they're not needed long term. 

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

It's a shame we protected Asplund over Will Borgen in the expansion draft, but at the time Asplund was playing more and looked like he was a keeper.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Me too. 

Beat me to it.  Pun intended.  

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It's a shame we protected Asplund over Will Borgen in the expansion draft, but at the time Asplund was playing more and looked like he was a keeper.

You woke up this morning and chose violence!!! Don’t make me relive this hell.  😀

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don’t think it’s Asplund falling, but other players rising. And Vinny just provides more of what we lost with Tuch being out. That said, I can see him getting a game or two if JJ keeps struggling and needs to watch from the press box.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Hiney did respond and handled a tough situation pretty well. 

Aspy is in the same situation, he's just been skating with the Sabres instead of Rochester.

Good problem to have I suppose, just hope they're not needed long term. 

Aspy does not seem to have the speed and offensive skill to match DG's style.  

Some here had him as a potential Selke guy but I never saw that.  Even his PK work seemed to be average. 

With all the young forwards in the system he will probably be traded.   For now he is good backup insurance for us.  

• Like (+1) 2

Can’t find the tweet now, but I saw a tweet earlier

Rumor has it that conehead (one of the concession guys for all of Buffalo sports, well known in the area I’d say) told someone that Tuch’s injury is a broken foot and to expect 4-6 weeks.

Take it for what it’s worth, it’s a rumor to begin with and even if it conehead did in fact say that it’s essentially a glorified fan claiming to have insight

But hey, he does work in the arena every game, maybe he’s right 🤷‍♂️ 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.