GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I didn’t think that was an early whistle. I didn’t know where the puck was either.

The Sabres are going to settle down next period, and the Leafs are going to cool down. The goalie already had two shakey plays and we had a couple of good shifts at the end.

This W is going to be sweet.

Love the optimism, I'm jumping on board. Sabres 6 - Laughs 5, in regulation, Jost with a dirty game winner.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No, because Levi will be in goal with a slim chance of Comrie. 

But we need 2 defenders.

Correct me if I am wrong, this then means you believe Levi will be good enough next season to allow for winning playoff series to be a realistic goal? 

Of course, under the assumption we add the defensive additions you are referring to 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I didn’t think that was an early whistle. I didn’t know where the puck was either.

The Sabres are going to settle down next period, and the Leafs are going to cool down. The goalie already had two shakey plays and we had a couple of good shifts at the end.

This W is going to be sweet.

I endorse this optimism. There's a lot of hockey left to play. There would be nothing sweeter tonight than to turn all of the TSN and ESPN talking heads into mumbling nimrods.

• Agree 1

Some interesting conversation pieces here. Here’s my take:

Team defense is garbage including UPL. No point saying he is anything else just because we have nothing else.

There won’t be a lot going on at the deadline for Buffalo. No point giving up pieces for a barely bubble team who would get bounced out in the first round.

I don’t blame people for not buying tickets. A half season of hope doesn’t undue 10+ years of garbage.

DG is a player development guy, not a coach. Again, no point denying it just because we don’t have anything else to turn to.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

This is the truth. 

I sold mine because it was absolutely predictable how flat this team is in big games… that’s why I am not even upset anymore. I feel terrible for the parents who actually dropped a shiitload to watch this pathetic performance 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

DG is a player development guy, not a coach. Again, no point denying it just because we don’t have anything else to turn to.

Tonight is just more evidence… Problem is KA is committed to DG for the next couple years at least… Granato will need to grow his game with the kids… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.