GDT: Leafs @ Sabres, Feb 21, 2023, 7:30 pm; ESPN

Derrico

1 minute ago, Skibum said:

This is the first chance I've had to watch a game in a few weeks. I was really looking forward to it; cleared my schedule, bought some nice beer and cooked up a pork shoulder. And here I sit, after half a period, and I just can't watch one more minute of it.  

If you drink enough maybe you’ll forget which team is Buffalo and you can pretend they’re winning.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We definitely have zero claim to being a great hockey city when your arch rival always fills our barn. 

USA defense budget 1 Trillion, Canada $3,695.00 They have one submarine in the Edmonton mall.

The savings trickle down into free health care and hockey tickets.

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Tonight is just more evidence… Problem is KA is committed to DG for the next couple years at least… Granato will need to grow his game with the kids… 

The point IS they are mostly KIDS!!!!  Chill the EFF out…..

lick goats GIF

Edited by Spoonman

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

don’t blame people for not buying tickets. A half season of hope doesn’t undue 10+ years of garbage.

DG is a player development guy, not a coach. Again, no point denying it just because we don’t have anything else to turn to.

Speaking of garbage. 

14 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

What really happens is fans who cant really afford season tickets target these games to get there money back or break even. This is an old tradition even when Sabres were doing well in 2005/6. Freaking douchebag Sabres fans selling out to Leafs fans. Its nothing new

Very true.  I would not call them fans who can’t afford tickets, just fans who don’t have complete passion. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I’ll say it.  It’s not over yet.  

Not in today’s nhl. We’ll need a Leafs breakdown though in addition to solid play on our end as the Leafs are a great defensive team. Or we need to be really good and really lucky, that also works 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

There’s a difference between getting individual players to play to their potential and putting all that into a working, consistent system. Just my take.

You want to talk about specific tactics and why they don't work, I'm there. I'm sick of the lazy "he's just a development coach takes" because they are trash.

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

There’s a difference between getting individual players to play to their potential and putting all that into a working, consistent system. Just my take.

Isn’t the Tage line getting dominated defensively by the ROR line? Which F line do we have that goes good against ROR? Needing D and G is well played, we also still need forwards, or the development of forwards. 

I say it again the talent level overall isn’t at THAT level yet I think our record is proportional ie Granato = good job 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.