Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Just now, Thorny said:

Nice, how long have you played? One of my best friends has been a gamer as long as I can remember 

Gamer?  

I started playing in Germany in 91, my wife made me quit after my last surgery in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hank said:

Gamer?  

I started playing in Germany in 91, my wife made me quit after my last surgery in 2019. 

Gamer, like, plays the new EA Rugby video game every year

No, meant like, the other definition 

NORTH AMERICAN

(especially in sports) a person known for consistently making a strong effort.

"he's a gamer, always ready to go that extra mile"

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

What time will you head from the arena to the stadium?

If I leave by 3:30 I should be good. I have a "back way" to the stadium that is never that busy. My only worry is if my usual parking spot won't be plowed.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Did somebody remind Flacco that he is a 38-year-old has been?

(Note: I'm watching NFL.com's animation while I watch the Sabres game, so it may not have been his fault.)

Edited by carpandean

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Miami are frauds. They can’t hang with playoff calibre teams. Pair that with the weather in KC tonight and I have a hard time seeing them winning.

I sometimes think the 'warm weather teams can't play in the cold' thing is over-rated. However, it really looks like the Dolphins are letting it get to them big time. Its not just they are tackling bad, its the WAY they are tackling...like no one wants to be the defensive player to fall to the ground making a tackle...they want to hold up the KC guy enough while they all wait for someone else to come in for the actual takedown.

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Houston taking a big, fat, steamming pile of 💩 on the Browneyes right now. Up 24 in the 4th qtr and throwing the ball all over.

Edit. Now up 31. Suck it Cleveland.  

I generally like Cleveand and don't mind their fans...but I think this year they were getting a little TOO arrogant to quickly.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I sometimes think the 'warm weather teams can't play in the cold' thing is over-rated. However, it really looks like the Dolphins are letting it get to them big time. Its not just they are tackling bad, its the WAY they are tackling...like no one wants to be the defensive player to fall to the ground making a tackle...they want to hold up the KC guy enough while they all wait for someone else to come in for the actual takedown.

I generally like Cleveand and don't mind their fans...but I think this year they were getting a little TOO arrogant to quickly.

Yup. They were anointing Joe Flacco the comeback player of the year after a handful of games. He's still Joe Flacco. 

38 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I can’t cheer for either team tonight. Can they both lose and let another team get a bye next week😃

I'd like to see like 120 mins of overtime. 

You can make a case that the Dolphins took a step back this year.

Last year, wild card team. This year Wild card time.

Last year, forced to play with a backup QB and still were within a couple points of defeating the Bills on the road.

This year, have their starting QB and losing soundly, almost a blowout loss, to KC on the road.

11 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Really early look at Monday 4:30pm weather....18 degrees at kickoff, wind chill at 6 degrees....still kinda windy 10-15mph, but no where near as bad as tomorrow would be.  Chance of light snow (2-3 inches for the whole day in Orchard Park on Monday).

IF that's the game time weather, it should strongly favor the Bills.

Allen can easily throw the ball in that kind of wind.  Really doubt Rudolph will be able to do the same.

Additionally, the Bills may get Rapp at a minimum back, maybe some others as well.

Stinks that the game got moved screwing up a lot of peoples travel plans, but after the Christmas storm last year resulted in nearly 50 deaths, there's no way they aren't enacting a travel ban with a storm shaping up to be similar in intensity.  (Though likely over a much smaller footprint.)

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I’ve seen more of Andy Reid’s frozen boogers than any other thing in my life. 

That's how he stayed hydrated. He just kept licking his Walrus stache all night. There was no need to put his playsheet down. Plus, he got all that extra ketchup and mustard from the multiple cheeseburgers he ate before and at halftime of the game. It was genius. 

And as health notice, Andy needs to retire before his heart tells him, hey tubs, enough of this *****. I'm out!!!

Edited by Claude Balls

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Miami are frauds. They can’t hang with playoff calibre teams. Pair that with the weather in KC tonight and I have a hard time seeing them winning.

This aged well.  They have nothing special, really.

I give credit to McDaniel for trying some new things, but they aren't so novel that other coaches can't adjust to them.  And beyond that, he's below average as a coach.  If I'm not mistaken, the Fins have beat only two teams with a winning record over the last two seasons.

7 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

You can make a case that the Dolphins took a step back this year.

Last year, wild card team. This year Wild card time.

Last year, forced to play with a backup QB and still were within a couple points of defeating the Bills on the road.

This year, have their starting QB and losing soundly, almost a blowout loss, to KC on the road.

Last year's Bills were worn out and basically a dead fish.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is so stupid. I was so looking forward to an actual snow game. One more reason as to why I watch very little football any more. 

Come on. I take it you're not local.

I cannot see 15 feet out my back window. Travel ban for all of Erie County. Thunder and lightning on top of the blowing snow going on right now.  In the afternoon, the snow band shifts back over the stadium. Hitting me North if Buffalo, at present. Total mess outside. 

17 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Come on. I take it you're not local.

I cannot see 15 feet out my back window. Travel ban for all of Erie County. Thunder and lightning on top of the blowing snow going on right now.  In the afternoon, the snow band shifts back over the stadium. Hitting me North if Buffalo, at present. Total mess outside. 

It is bad right now here to, Wheatfield.