Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I can't believe that people think the Bills are going to be worse next year.

This might be the summer I finally throw down a twenty for them to win it all.

… and it's Josh chasin' Hollywood tail that sent me over the edge.

Is Josh chasing Hollywood tail or is Hollywood tail chasing Josh?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

The Bills should be fine this season. They may win fewer than 13 games but still be as good or better than last season.

There’s some July hive mind involved in predicting the Bills’ imminent demise.

A hive mind? Or maybe it’s folks that have a good understanding of the game and don’t gloss over the obvious faults? I could say the same about the masses that say we are going to be the best team ever every year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

A hive mind? Or maybe it’s folks that have a good understanding of the game and don’t gloss over the obvious faults? I could say the same about the masses that say we are going to be the best team ever every year. 

Right - a hive mind. A … *narrative*.  (DRINK!)

I guess we’ll see.

The evident consensus on the Bills being a team in decline with a closed (closing) window is one that arises from pro sports talkers and content creators, not sober analysts.

I’m not sure what “masses” you’re referring to.

8 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Murphy is done as a play by play for the Bills 

7 hours ago, freester said:

Yep he suffered a major stroke with aphasia. Very sad as is Kim Pegula’s  fate but hers is worse as she was younger. 

Ambiguous and unsourced speculation is generally the norm around here, but on a subject this sensitive, y’all are obliged to do better.

40 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Link? Everything I found just now stated his recovery is continuing and didn't rule out a return.

That was the most recent report.

That said, I’d be surprised if he were to return to his former role. Even people who make full recoveries from mini strokes sometimes report just being a tiny tick off for years and years afterward. So small a tick that it doesn’t matter in everyday life and other people would never notice.

But if you’re a surgeon? A pilot? And, sure, an NFL play by play announcer? It may be enough to end that career.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That was the most recent report.

That said, I’d be surprised if he were to return to his former role. Even people who make full recoveries from mini strokes sometimes report just being a tiny tick off for years and years afterward. So small a tick that it doesn’t matter in everyday life and other people would never notice.

But if you’re a surgeon? A pilot? And, sure, an NFL play by play announcer? It may be enough to end that career.

Was the stroke ischemic or hemorrhagic? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Raccuia out. Terry Pegula in.

Whoa.

Ron wasn't doing anything with the actual football team anyway.  And he's probably got the entrepreneurial itch back.  Good dude, bad fit:  He needs to be running his own small/medium - sized business, not someone else's NFL team.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Your stab at it? (Edit, not rewrite.)

"We would like to thank Ron for his many years OF hard work and dedication TO the Bills and PSE," Terry Pegula said.  [Of course he didn't, publicly, this is bust poorly-written PR BS.]  "We wish HIM and his family the best of luck in THEIR future endeavors."

Those would be my initial changes.  Aud Smell may have more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

"We would like to thank Ron for his many years OF hard work WITH and dedication TO the Bills and PSE," Terry Pegula said.  [Of course he didn't, publicly, this is bust poorly-written PR BS.]  "We wish HIM and his family the best of luck in THEIR future endeavors."

Those would be my initial changes.  Aud Smell may have more.

You got the most egregious ones. The "WITH" added above is needed, but it leaves the sentence wonky. "THEIR" is also well-takenb, but it's odd to wish the entire family best of luck with future endeavors (like, is PSE wishing the Raccuias' middle school daughter best of luck in Algebra this coming school year?).

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

The "WITH" added above is needed,

It isn't, but it would be nice.  And agreed that the family thing is superfluous.

Is Ron's daughter really only in middle school?  He was a year ahead of me in high school; seems his kids would be a little older.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Ron wasn't doing anything with the actual football team anyway.  And he's probably got the entrepreneurial itch back.  Good dude, bad fit:  He needs to be running his own small/medium - sized business, not someone else's NFL team.

I don't know much about this Ron Raccuia as a dude. I am familiar with another Ron Raccuia - his dad. It is of course folly to hold the son responsible for the father's sins. That said, I was surprised when young Ron parlayed (ha) his Adpro company into a pathway to the top of the PSE org chart. My gut sense at the time was that Raccuia would be, as you say, a bad fit with the Pegulas.

I don't get the sense that this is a true parting of the ways. I infer that the guy was fired.

Past being prelude, we will hear nothing from him about the matter.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Is Ron's daughter really only in middle school?  He was a year ahead of me in high school; seems his kids would be a little older.

No idea. I was just spitballing. If he's that age, yeah, you'd think his kids would be in or around their 20s.