Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

26 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

man, i already told you. it's an homage not a ruse.

does anyone who's a regular here think i'm actually from/living in temiskaming shores? or before that bobcaygeon? or before that medicine hat? 

speaking of which, i'm open for a new canadian locale to designate as my sabrespace "home" (houme?). there are so many good options. i got my current one by opening my weather app's radar page, scrolling north, and noodling around for cool names.

Spuzzum has always been a favourite.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

does anyone who's a regular here think i'm actually from/living in temiskaming shores? or before that bobcaygeon? or before that medicine hat? 

speaking of which, i'm open for a new canadian locale to designate as my sabrespace "home" (houme?). there are so many good options. i got my current one by opening my weather app's radar page, scrolling north, and noodling around for cool names.

Have you done Chilliwack yet?

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Black Tickle is fun, I found it scrolling around for a bit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tickle

Fun fact: at one point, I was strongly considering going on a group motorcycle ride from Philly to Goose Bay, Labrador, along the Labrador Highway (the last 1000 miles of it was dirt at the time). From there, it was a ferry ride for the return trip, and the ferry also stops in Black Tickle. Since then (10-15 years ago), some new roads have been built and I believe the Labrador Highway is paved. I didn't go because I didn't think my street bike was up to it. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Or Moose Jaw?

Yes! I’ve claimed that one as well. I omitted it above. Either MJ or Medicine Hat was my first Sabrespace home. Then came Bobcaygeon - around when Gord got sick. Then this current one.

Gotta be Chilliwack next.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

A $300M overrun in early days - and PSE being on the hook for it - would probably help explain why the Bills’ lead negotiator on that deal is no longer with the team. 

The only ones on the hook for paying the bill are the people who want to go to the game.  I know it's not easy but frankly if you provide me a quote to build something for X cost an then you tell me you'll need Y more.. I'd tell you to stuff it.  Take a hit on your margin and get better at your job.

An extra $300M.. that's just laughable. I guess someone forgot that the cost of condos in Miami have gone up so the vacations for those who agreed to this deal went up in cost.  (ooooh yeah, I'm snarky on that)

A $300M overrun in early days - and PSE being on the hook for it - would probably help explain why the Bills’ lead negotiator on that deal is no longer with the team. 

There are surely more overruns to come.

And there’s a limit to how much the Pegulas can leverage the PSL’s to recoup their piece of stadium costs.

They might need to sell that mega yacht of theirs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the overruns did indeed to RR getting canned.

20% overruns, and the project has barely gotten started.  Does anyone think this will ultimately come in at less than $2.5B?

I'll also predict that the state or city ends up eating a good chunk of the overage, regardless of the current agreement on this.

I'd call it a freaking joke if weren't so GD unfunny and so business-as-usual for big NYS projects.

It'll never happen, but I would love TP to just cancel the whole thing, put up some more support columns in the Ralph and keep the team there.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LTS said:

The only ones on the hook for paying the bill are the people who want to go to the game.

There’s a limit to how much PSE can expect to recoup from STHs’ PSL’s. That’s where the offset money will come from for the owners. And I think they’re already at a budgetary point where they’re digging into the Pegula yacht budget.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Does anyone think this will ultimately come in at less than $2.5B?

Is that exclusive or inclusive of the lawsuits for violations of the community benefit covenants and MWBE requirements?

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Wow! That's a big increase. I think Terry, the county and Albany feel like I do when I go to buy a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle now. So you brought 3 dollars, you better get out that other 2 bucks or...."No Soup for You"!!!!

Edited by Scottysabres

16 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Opening pre-season game today. Raining outside. I'll record it and watch something else. I never learn much from these games. Very vanilla. 

No Allen, no Diggs. Which is good.

As best I can tell, the only meaningful things that can happen in preseason games are (1) injuries and (2) fringe players earning a spot on the roster or practice squad. That’s it.

IIRC, Nathan Peterman lit sh1t up in preseason during Allen’s rookie year. And AJ McCarron had himself a day against Carolina as well in the home preseason game. Both performances predicted nothing about each player’s future success.

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Opening pre-season game today. Raining outside. I'll record it and watch something else. I never learn much from these games. Very vanilla. 

You guys lost a future star because of pre- season. 

These games don't seem like they don't mean much but that's how coaches find hidden gems