Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

42 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Today's report is that the Pegulas sold AdPro to Legends.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/pegula-family-sells-adpro-sports-to-legends/article_8d618b94-27f7-11ee-b530-b3fb90df22f3.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Graham tweeted yesterday about how - whenever he reported that PSE owned AdPro - Raccuia would send him a stern text about how Raccuia still owned it.

Today's report makes Raccuia's reported behaviour even weirder. 

I dunno. I'm sensing something off about that guy or perhaps just that relationship.

Oh, and the report makes clear that Raccuia's not going to Legends either.

ADPRO was founded by Ron Raccuia, who was also the Bills' executive vice president and chief operating officer until parting ways with the team Wednesday.

Raccuia sold a majority share of ADPRO to Kim Pegula and her three children, Jessica, Kelly and Matthew, in 2017. He remained a minority shareholder and president of the company, and with the acquisition by Legends, is leaving ADPRO.

Just read the article myself and was going to post a bit of it, but the same bits you posted.

The whole thing is just weirdness--but it's Graham's tweets, which isn't sourced journalism, that makes it weird.  So Imma ignore those tweets and just see the deal for what has been reported.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

but it's Graham's tweets, which isn't sourced journalism, that makes it weird.  So Imma ignore those tweets

Graham's tweets aren't based on information he got from sources. They're based on information he himself learned and possesses. So unless we're going to say that Graham's lying about the texts he would get from Raccuia about AdPro, the weirdness persists (and grows).

17 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Graham's tweets aren't based on information he got from sources. They're based on information he himself learned and possesses. So unless we're going to say that Graham's lying about the texts he would get from Raccuia about AdPro, the weirdness persists (and grows).

Raccuia’s linked in has him as Adpro president currently and concurrent to his jobs with PGE. The article say TP only bought a controlling interest in AdPro.  Raccuia had a minority stake which now has been sold to Legends.  

On 7/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, That Aud Smell said:

The guy got fired. (That’s my sense of it anyway.)

I'll offer an alternate fantasy take: the Pegulas decide to sell AdPro, dRacculia got mad and quit both; or Legends didn't want him and he decided to cut all ties.

6 hours ago, MattPie said:

I'll offer an alternate fantasy take: the Pegulas decide to sell AdPro, dRacculia got mad and quit both; or Legends didn't want him and he decided to cut all ties.

There are of course many possibilities here. The simplest explanation (Occam’s razor!) is that TP decided to move on from Raccuia (because reasons), and everything else followed from there.

One thing is for sure: TP picked a helluva time for a significant change in senior leadership. That stadium's gotta get built (and there's already a lot of squawking about how contracts are being handed out). Personal seat licenses gotta get sold (and that is gonna be TRICKY).

There is an absolute sh1t ton of work ahead of the franchise. And who's TP got riding up front with him?

(1) Roth. A financial planner whom he met and got to know (and like and trust) because the guy was helping the Pegulas with wealth management. No prior experience with professional sports management. (The guy does have an MIT MBA, so there's that.)

(2) D'Angelo. A still somewhat junior lawyer (just shy of 40 years old by my math) who didn't get hired directly into a job right out of law school. She spent a couple years with the DA's office and then a few in private practice with a local law firm that the Bills use. The Bills hired her in 2016 to be part of the in-house legal group.

(3) Josh Alphabet. A Michigan-educated CPA (who's about 42 years old). He did three years with a public accounting firm and then joined the Bills in 2007.

I wish them well. We need them to succeed. As presently constituted, I don't especially like their chances.

TP would do well to add a seasoned war horse. Otoh, his past experience with such hires probably tells him that those kinds of people don't add much to the mix, may not be a fit with what he's got going on, and aren't worth the money they get paid.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Looks like the Bills will be going with plan B at KO/P returner.  Bummer.

Based on the tweeter comments, non Bills fans don’t understand the team at all.  They are mentioning Dalvin  Cook as a replacement.  SMH. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Based on the tweeter comments, non Bills fans don’t understand the team at all.  They are mentioning Dalvin  Cook as a replacement.  SMH. 

Is the idea that he'd take a discount to join his brother?  Or...?

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah that's big dumb. Which is par for the course on Twitt-- ahh, I mean on "X".

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah that's big dumb. Which is par for the course on Twitt-- ahh, I mean on "X".

My bet is that it's twitter again w/i 30 days but I don't really care.

I would like to know these people's theories on Dalvin Cook though.

Those two kick returns for touchdown notwithstanding (in that post Damar Hamlin game), Hines' biggest asset was how sure-handed he was on kick returns. The team needs someone -- not named Jordan Poyer -- who can reliably field kicks (mostly punts now (wasn't there some rule change that makes kickoff returns even less important?)).

Just now, Eleven said:

I would like to know these people's theories on Dalvin Cook though.

You would? Bro. They're Twitter reply guys. A total puddle dive, at best.

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Those two kick returns for touchdown notwithstanding (in that post Damar Hamlin game), Hines' biggest asset was how sure-handed he was on kick returns. The team needs someone -- not named Jordan Poyer -- who can reliably field kicks (mostly punts now (wasn't there some rule change that makes kickoff returns even less important?)).

Yes, the new rule is a touchback inside the 25 rather than just in the end zone.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

You would? Bro. They're Twitter reply guys. A total puddle dive, at best.

I enjoy a hot take as much as the next guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

My bet is that it's twitter again w/i 30 days but I don't really care.

His management of the Twitter platform and brand has been absolutely bizarre. He may as well have taken a billion or whatever dollars - in paper money - and burned it.

48 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Apparenlty Hynes injury occurred while he was sitting on a jet ski and another jet skier crashed into his jet ski.

Yikes!

29 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is why you should always jet ski alone.

That's an interesting insight @Eleven. I've done winter vacations to southern Florida over the past several years. There are jet ski rental outfits everywhere. You regularly see groups of tourists (be it a family or whatever) idling on those marine crotch rockets as they prepare to go out into open water, and it's there, in that situation, where the problems occur. Someone doesn't know how to operate the machine, and then BOOM, they've put half the machine up on a dock or whatever. 

("Or whatever" apparently also refers to causing a catastrophic knee injury to a neighbouring jet ski operator.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That's an interesting insight @Eleven. I've done winter vacations to southern Florida over the past several years. There are jet ski rental outfits everywhere. You regularly see groups of tourists (be it a family or whatever) idling on those marine crotch rockets as they prepare to go out into open water, and it's there, in that situation, where the problems occur. Someone doesn't know how to operate the machine, and then BOOM, they've put half the machine up on a dock or whatever. 

("Or whatever" apparently also refers to causing a catastrophic knee injury to a neighbouring jet ski operator.)

I was being sarcastic.  Jet skiing alone isn't a good idea.

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I was being sarcastic.  Jet skiing alone isn't a good idea.

Ha. Oops.

I took it the other way, based on how commonplace it is and how dangerous it looks for a group of inexperienced jet skiers to be idling around a dock. VROOM! (sh1t!) WHAP!

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha. Oops.

I took it the other way, based on how commonplace it is and how dangerous it looks for a group of inexperienced jet skiers to be idling around a dock. VROOM! (sh1t!) WHAP!

Apparently he was gassing up his js when some jackass plowed into him. Why some moron would be flying around near a fuel dock smells of inexperience to me. Or, it could've been Belichick who is still pissed from Hines' two td kickoff return game against him. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Why some moron would be flying around near a fuel dock smells of inexperience to me. 

The level of inexperience amongst jet ski operators -- in areas where there are lots of them -- is astonishing to me. I feel like it's a situation that is begging for regulation (licensing). But there's too much money being made for the fun to be reeled in.

Also, lol at the Belichick joke. I would not put it past him.

• Agree 1