Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

So they can thank him for his hard work to the Buffalo Bills?

"Thank you for your hard work and for your dedication to the SDS Foundation."

One is not connected to the other.

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Past being prelude, we will hear nothing from him about the matter.

I'd guarantee this!  I want a copy of the Pegula NDA just like I want a copy of the Massey pre-nup.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

"We would like to thank Ron for his many years OF hard work and dedication TO the Bills and PSE," Terry Pegula said.  [Of course he didn't, publicly, this is bust poorly-written PR BS.]  "We wish HIM and his family the best of luck in THEIR future endeavors."

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

"Thank you for your hard work and for your dedication to the SDS Foundation."

One is not connected to the other.

Applying your most recent language to your first edit, we have this (new language bolded): 

"We would like to thank Ron for his many years OF hard work and FOR HIS dedication TO the Bills and PSE," Terry Pegula said.

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Applying your most recent language to your first edit, we have this (new language bolded): 

"We would like to thank Ron for his many years OF hard work and FOR HIS dedication TO the Bills and PSE," Terry Pegula said.

I can do that.  I still want the Pegula NDA.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Can you wish someone luck with their past endeavors? I'd drop the future endeavor part. (Already done, I see.)

This is kinda like when Carlin got the Ten Commandments down to three.

You can not want to wish someone luck with their present endeavor(s).

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, ... said:

You can not want to wish someone luck with their present endeavor(s).

Or you already have wished them luck during the new endeavor process, and rewishing luck now would be redundant. Like this guy, apparently.

Wow, just saw an ESPN article that everyone did not pick the Bills to win the division. Have we honestly been overtaken that quickly? This could be a long season for us. Horrible schedule, and same defensive first kind of plan. I hope a lot of the games are not televised in Jersey!! I cannot afford to destroy more cell phones! LOL

• dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Tim Graham has a tweet out there that Raccuia is selling AdPro Sports to Legends (the company that will handle concessions at the new stadium), which certainly would explain his departure from PSE.

Raccuia still owned it? How odd. The language about him joining PSE always implied -- maybe expressly stated -- that PSE had acquired Adpro.

23 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I Googled it. It was widely and unequivocally reported that the Pegulas had acquired a majority take in AdPro back in 2017. Strange.

Well, it is possible that Raccuia did sell a majority stake to the Pegulas, that he stayed the managing partner/owner and that now it is getting sold to Jones' Legends.  (All part of the scratching of each other's backs by the boys (and girls) in the club.  And like Carlin said "it's a big club, and you aren't in it.")

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, it is possible that Raccuia did sell a majority stake to the Pegulas, that he stayed the managing partner/owner and that now it is getting sold to Jones' Legends.  (All part of the scratching of each other's backs by the boys (and girls) in the club.  And like Carlin said "it's a big club, and you aren't in it.")

Sure. No way the entity gets sold without the majority owners’ approval though. 

As I think about it: It seems like this sale may be a product of — necessitated by — the two sides “parting ways.”

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sure. No way the entity gets sold without the majority owners’ approval though. 

As I think about it: It seems like this sale may be a product of — necessitated by — the two sides “parting ways.”

Maybe.  It's not impossible that RR retained the right to cause a sale at a given price or under a given set of circumstances, that he exercised that right and that TP wasn't happy about it.  Or maybe RR is getting an employment or consulting deal with the buyer as part of the deal, and TP isn't happy about that.

Either way, and I hate to add fuel to the raging TP fire in @PASabreFan's loins, it has to be said:  TP sure chews through a lot of senior executives, innit?

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe.  It's not impossible that RR retained the right to cause a sale at a given price or under a given set of circumstances, that he exercised that right and that TP wasn't happy about it.  Or maybe RR is getting an employment or consulting deal with the buyer as part of the deal, and TP isn't happy about that.

Either way, and I hate to add fuel to the raging TP fire in @PASabreFan's loins, it has to be said:  TP sure chews through a lot of senior executives, innit?

All true and possible. 

It is especially true that TP churns his c-suite. That should change once he starts installing his adult children in those positions.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Raccuia still owned it? How odd. The language about him joining PSE always implied -- maybe expressly stated -- that PSE had acquired Adpro.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I Googled it. It was widely and unequivocally reported that the Pegulas had acquired a majority take in AdPro back in 2017. Strange.

Graham also wrote this:

Folks asking about Pegula ownership of AdPro: Any time I mentioned Pegulas owned AdPro, I would get a sternly worded text from Raccuia he still owns it. I never understood arrangement no matter how many times he tried to explain. Anyway, Legends closing in on AdPro acquisition.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Graham also wrote this:

Folks asking about Pegula ownership of AdPro: Any time I mentioned Pegulas owned AdPro, I would get a sternly worded text from Raccuia he still owns it. I never understood arrangement no matter how many times he tried to explain. Anyway, Legends closing in on AdPro acquisition.

Yep. Odd.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Meh, the club sux.  You don't want to be in it.

8 hours ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Wow, just saw an ESPN article that everyone did not pick the Bills to win the division. Have we honestly been overtaken that quickly? This could be a long season for us. Horrible schedule, and same defensive first kind of plan. I hope a lot of the games are not televised in Jersey!! I cannot afford to destroy more cell phones! LOL

Probably a good thing. The team, like many in professional sports, plays better with a chip on its shoulder. They will have a lot to prove this season.

I do think the Jets have the potential to be truly fearsome if Rodgers regains his magic.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Night Train said:

The only issue with the Jets is their coach makes horrid decisions in the moment and is 11-23. Now Rodgers will make him great. Got it..

.Dear God, get this season going ...the projections being discussed prove there's a widespread drug problem..

Yes, and Aaron is behind the drug problem....  He shared his medications with the press and the white powder in the Whitehouse.  

Edited by MISabresFan
added language

40 minutes ago, Curt said:

Random question:

Excluding the Bills and Chiefs, what 3 teams do you think are set up to have the most success over the next 5-10 years?

Bengals. Eagles. 49ers.

I was going to nominate the Chargers, but it's tough to put them top-5 with the Chiefs in their division.

On 7/20/2023 at 1:29 PM, nfreeman said:

Today's report is that the Pegulas sold AdPro to Legends.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/pegula-family-sells-adpro-sports-to-legends/article_8d618b94-27f7-11ee-b530-b3fb90df22f3.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Graham tweeted yesterday about how - whenever he reported that PSE owned AdPro - Raccuia would send him a stern text about how Raccuia still owned it.

Today's report makes Raccuia's reported behaviour even weirder. 

I dunno. I'm sensing something off about that guy or perhaps just that relationship.

Oh, and the report makes clear that Raccuia's not going to Legends either.

ADPRO was founded by Ron Raccuia, who was also the Bills' executive vice president and chief operating officer until parting ways with the team Wednesday.

Raccuia sold a majority share of ADPRO to Kim Pegula and her three children, Jessica, Kelly and Matthew, in 2017. He remained a minority shareholder and president of the company, and with the acquisition by Legends, is leaving ADPRO.

• Like (+1) 1