What is the primary reason you visit this board?

mjd1001

Is this forum and the Sabres/Hockey your primary interest?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this forum and the Sabres/Hockey your primary interest?

• The Sabres are my favorite team, the NHL my favorite sport and this forum my favorite forum and I visit/contribute to this the most.
    • The Sabres/hockey/this forum is just another interest I have, but not my primary sporting interest.

A bit more detail of what I'm wondering beyond the title....

Do you visit this board because you are a Sabres fan first, above all other teams (Bills for example) and hockey is your favorite sport?

Or is it more something like....I like other sports as much or more than hockey, I like other teams as much as or more than the Sabres...but it IS hockey season so I come here but I visit other forums for othe teams as much or more than I do here?

Historically, I had been a bigger Bills fan than a Sabres Fan. Had Bills Season Tickets. Never missed a game. Sabres were always just 'something to do' for me. That started to change a decade ago. As the playoff drought has continuted, I have actually followed the Sabres more and the Bills a bit less. I have a few ideas why, but nothing I can say for sure is the reason.

Edited by mjd1001

This is a tough one to answer.  The Sabres were my first love as a child, but my affinity for the Bills grew as I got older.  My family had partial seasons tickets for the Sabres my entire life, so I was on their lap at the Aud when I was a little kid and driving downtown for games with friends when I was a teenager.  I didn't start going to Bills games regularly until I was a teenager.  I'd say I love them equally, but I have lived away from Buffalo for a long time, and NFL football is way more popular around the country and gets way more media coverage and water cooler discussion than NHL hockey, so I spend more time/focus on the Bills.  I also went to a major Big10 school with nationally prominent football and basketball teams (as well as many other sports), so those teams compete for my attention too, but my Buffalo teams come first.

Actually, my family comes first, but I do record a ton of sports on my DVR and watch a lot of games after everyone has gone to bed, or on rare occasions when I am the only one home.  My wife is not a huge sports fan, so she rarely joins me, but my kids sometimes do, although they don't have the attention span for entire games.  My daughter really wanted a Josh Allen jersey, so I bought her one, and she gets excited when the Sabres are on TV and score goals.  Maybe she'll want a Tage Thompson jersey before too long....Obviously, the Eichel Tower has toppled over.  She just happened to be watching with me when the Sabres had the scoring barrage against Columbus and she really got excited during that game.

I have 3 apps running nearly 24/7 on my phone.

TwoBillsDrive, not a member, but review Bills news and chuckle at the posts

HFBoards, I'm a hockey fanatic, I keep the the Trade & Rumors section on speed dial for any incoming details NHL wide and to chuckle at some of the ideas.

Sabrespace, because I'm a Sabres extremist and if I'm not getting my hourly fix, like an addiction I'm going through withdrawals. Plus, I feel a kindred bond to everyone here, we all share the same passion, and I'm grateful for the humor, the convo's, the different view points of our shared passion, but especially the humor, because the hockey Gods know, as Sabres faithful, we need it.

• Like (+1) 2

The Sabres are my favorite sports franchise - mostly because I grew up in the Buffalo area and as a kid my favorite sport was street hockey (and I also started playing ice hockey in my late 20s).  I also like the bills but find it exhausting trying to keep up with everything that goes on with the team.

The primary reason I visit this site is to kill time during the work day. The secondary reason is to stay on top of all the happenings of the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I have 3 apps running nearly 24/7 on my phone.

TwoBillsDrive, not a member, but review Bills news and chuckle at the posts

HFBoards, I'm a hockey fanatic, I keep the the Trade & Rumors section on speed dial for any incoming details NHL wide and to chuckle at some of the ideas.

Sabrespace, because I'm a Sabres extremist and if I'm not getting my hourly fix, like an addiction I'm going through withdrawals. Plus, I feel a kindred bond to everyone here, we all share the same passion, and I'm grateful for the humor, the convo's, the different view points of our shared passion, but especially the humor, because the hockey Gods know, as Sabres faithful, we need it.

As a lifelong diehard of the Bills, Sabres, & Mets I would have been six feet under long ago without a sense of humor to sustain me. I was also a devoted fan of the Buffalo Braves for the entirety of their short existence. The NBA has been dead to me since the Braves were so cruelly taken. While I like the NFL, NHL, & MLB, I find that the older I get, the more 'team-centric' I get as opposed to being a fan of the leagues they are in, if that makes sense. So I am now more a fan of my individual teams than the leagues themselves even though I love the individual sports of football, hockey, & baseball.

Also, SDS has done a phenomenal job with this site and with TBD which is why they are my 'go to' sources for team info and fan interaction. There are no places I'd rather be when rejoicing over the victories, commiserating over the losses, or just shooting the bull. I'm on both sites almost daily even though I read more than I post. Whether I agree or not, I enjoy seeing the varying points of view over our common bond, the Buffalo Sabres. 

🍻 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.