I'm done with After The Whistle

PromoTheRobot

Episode 199 features anti-woke warrior Jeremy Roenick who is using Craig and Petey's s####y podcast to promote the online conspiracy that the Damar Hamlin tragedy was brought about by COVID vaccines. That's the last straw for me. People who use tragedy to spread lies are ghouls. JR is one and Craig & Petey ought to be ashamed of themselves.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Episode 199 features anti-woke warrior Jeremy Roenick who is using Craig and Petey's s####y podcast to promote the online conspiracy that the Damar Hamlin tragedy was brought about by COVID vaccines. That's the last straw for me. People who use tragedy to spread lies are ghouls. JR is one and Craig & Petey ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I‘ve tried to listen a couple of times.  I know I’m getting old but they make it way too difficult to find new episodes.  

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I knew enough about Rivet and Peters to not even start listening, but I'm sad to hear that they are promoting anti-vax conspiracy nonsense.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah, Roenick and Craig's anti-vax stance turned me off from them a while ago.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I’m very disappointed to hear this.  If i can glean a host’s (or guest’s) political leanings on a hockey podcast, they’re doing it wrong.  

I will boycott JR episodes forever.  This isn’t the first time he’s complained politically on the podcast. The words Biden or “wokeness” don’t belong on a Sabres-centric hockey pod and I’ve previously heard both. 

If Petey and Rivet didn’t challenge these comments, then it’s pretty irresponsible. It’s just not the forum for that talk.  I’m really disappointed to hear this because I’m a regular listener and I would also feel compelled to react the same way as you.  What a bummer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is not news.

Yeah, but he finds new ways to add flavors to his turd.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I knew enough about Rivet and Peters to not even start listening, but I'm sad to hear that they are promoting anti-vax conspiracy nonsense.

If you're going to Craig Rivet and Andrew Peters for your medical advice you deserve whatever fate befalls you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Contempt said:

If you're going to Craig Rivet and Andrew Peters for your medical advice you deserve whatever fate befalls you.

While I can kind of see where you’re coming from,  no one is saying that. 

What we are reacting to is this podcast isn’t the time, the place, or the forum for that commentary. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

While I can kind of see where you’re coming from,  no one is saying that. 

What we are reacting to is this podcast isn’t the time, the place, or the forum for that commentary. 

Of course it's not. That doesn't stop the people who spew that nonsense though. They will take and use any microphone they can get for as long as they can have it and if you deny them the mic they will cry that their viewpoint is being repressed. 

I'm tired of suffering fools on this planet and I'm hoping more of the world joins me in that soon. Rights come with responsibilities and people need to care more about those responsibilities.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Indabuff said:

So Roenick is a turd

Alanis Morissette would agree:

I want you to know, that I am happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me?
Would she go down on you in a theater?
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby?
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

'Cause the love that you gave that we made
Wasn't able to make it enough for you
To be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me
You'd hold me until you died
'Til you died, but you're still alive

And I'm here, to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair, to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

You seem very well, things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know
Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity?
I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face
How quickly I was replaced
And are you thinking of me when you ***** her?

'Cause the love that you gave that we made
Wasn't able to make it enough for you
To be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me
You'd hold me until you died
'Til you died, but you're still alive

And I'm here, to remind you

'Cause the joke that you laid in the bed
That was me and I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes, and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails
Down someone else's back I hope you feel it
Well, can you feel it?

Well I'm here, to remind you

Well I'm here, to remind you

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

In before the inevitable move to the *Club*.

I have a lot of problems with JR, but his stance on the vaccines is not one of them.

He has a right to his opinion and the right to express it.  

In the conversation about this tragedy that happened Monday night it is not out of the question that the vaccine could have played a role since there are very rare instances of heart issues being brought on by it.  It is unlikely to have played a role in this, but not out of the question since it is reasonable to assume the player in question took the vaccine.  The only NFL player that I know to have not is Rogers.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • dislike 2

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

In before the inevitable move to the *Club*.

I have a lot of problems with JR, but his stance on the vaccines is not one of them.

He has a right to his opinion and the right to express it.  

In the conversation about this tragedy that happened Monday night it is not out of the question that the vaccine could have played a role since there are very rare instances of heart issues being brought on by it.  It is unlikely to have played a role in this, but not out of the question since it is reasonable to assume the player in question took the vaccine.  The only NFL player that I known to have not is Rogers.

This is flawed logic. I could argue that Hamlin's heart stopped because he ate a ham sandwich at some point in his life. After all, the 60's singer Mama Cass Elliott died while eating a ham sandwich. Ipso facto...proof!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1