GDT - Sabres @ Vegas - December 19, 2022 - 10:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Tage… Stick Dance… Boom

That's the thing:  He comes virtually to a stop and just stickhandles without hardly moving but the puck is all over the place then BOOM.  As a fan you know it's coming; I think the other team knows it too.  But it's inevitable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, ... said:

Thompson must mesmerize them on the ice because the defenders effectively froze to wait and see what he'd do.

It's rare to see players exercise that sort of patience, the defense looks like they're freezing because they're expecting the immediate shot and are trying to block it. Tage has unlocked matrix like powers where he slows reality down and weaves around until his finds his spot.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

That's the thing:  He comes virtually to a stop and just stickhandles without hardly moving but the puck is all over the place then BOOM.  As a fan you know it's coming; I think the other team knows it too.  But it's inevitable.

Avengers Endgame GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

It's rare to see players exercise that sort of patience, the defense looks like they're freezing because they're expecting the immediate shot and are trying to block it. Tage has unlocked matrix like powers where he slows reality down and weaves around until his finds his spot.

Good follow up. I agree!

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

When I see Mitts leading the breaktout like that and unaccountably just skate into his teammates and produce an offsides, I despair for his future.

He has no hockey IQ.  

Even when he plays hard he makes mistakes in the defensive zone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.