Is Kevyn Adams doing anything?

Zamboni

Is Kevyn Adams doing anything?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. The board seems to be split on this. Is General Manager Kevyn Adams doing anything to help the Buffalo Sabres so far this season?

• No. I think he's sitting on his hands. He's sitting on his butt. He's not making or taking phone calls. He's not talking trade scenarios with anyone including his staff. He's not doing anything whatsoever to help the Buffalo Sabres.
    • I think he's doing things to help the Buffalo Sabres. But it isn't enough in my opinion.
    • I think he's making/taking phone calls, meeting with this staff, trying to get the right roster player. While still sticking to the overall plan that the staff has implemented. I'm fine with what he's doing so far.
    • I have a different opinion not listed.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2022 at 06:00 PM

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

If you want goals and wide open offense then yes, Trotz is probably not your guy. If you want to win, he is. 

As for Tortorella, that's a myth. It's not at all what he's doing in Philly. Hayes being the most recent veteran to sit in the stands. The kids are the ones he's playing. They simply don't have enough of them. 

Simply put, your plan would turn a stable full of race horses into plow horses. If the Sabres used their assets in trades and free agency they could end up in affect swapping them for a bunch of players that they could ice in order to make the playoffs. Maybe if Kevyn Adams left and they changed GM's they could abandon their plan to develop a team capable of winning a Cup or more and lower their goals to just making the playoffs as the gold standard. When that is accomplished maybe we could petition the NHL to make the amount of hits replace goals as the criteria for choosing who wins a game. Just think, all the Sabres would have to do is keep giving up the puck to their opponent so they could legally rack up the hits. 

Discounting my sarcasm above, think about what you are posting. You find fault with the Sabre's youth movement and praise what Tortorella is doing in Philadelphia but lament the fact that his record is so poor because he doesn't have enough "kids". Those are tough conflicting premises to argue against.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Only 3 teams in the entire league have a worse goal differential. They have lost 12 games this season by more than 1 goal. They have 7 ot/so losses and if Buffalo had that, you'd be telling us how Granato can't close out games. The flyers have 77 goals which puts them 30th in the league in goals scored. They sit 27th in the league overall. 

I'd say Carter Hart is the most likely reason they aren't worse. I'm not saying torts is a bad coach but he's not elevating anything. Granato helped turn Tage Thompson into the 2nd highest scoring player in the league and Dahlin into the 2nd highest scoring defenseman. Torts might have them playing "hard nose" hockey but that's not winning them much. 

We do agree on one thing, Philly isn't very talented but Torts isn't doing much for the talent there is. 

Your argument is based on a parallel universe where Torts is in Buffalo and we're better than the highest scoring team in the NHL under Granato. That's a strawman but maybe not in the literal sense. 

One of the largest advantages of having Granato is the players are not afraid to make mistakes, rather than being benched for them or discipline for them Granato uses them as learning opportunities. look at the difference with Dahlin between the first and second half's of last season and the season in particular.  He is learned from his mistakes generally does not repeat them in has turned into a Norris level defenseman. 

The relationship between Torts and PLD is the perfect example of why I do not want him near a team of young players. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Reilly and Myers both have term left on their contracts for the 2023-24 Season.

While the Sabres have more than ample cap space to take either salary for the reminder of the deals, both Boston and Tampa are cap strapped teams who need every available dollar in cap space particularity if the cap is only rising by one million next year. 

Why do a free favor for teams in Your Division especially when you are going to be competing against them for the playoffs next season. 

Adams mentioned that both the scouting staff and the analytics department look at every player on wavers.  If there is agreement between the 2 that a player should be looked at further they bring it to Adams attention.  In the case of both players the analytics did not justify taking on an extra year of salary.  Now has a trade deadline approaches if Boston or Tampa wants to include assets to move either player that Adams will listen and decide if it benefits the Sabres moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

With all the Defensive problems and all the scoring we are doing, our 2 college undecided kids should get a warm and fuzzy about actually coming to Buffalo!!! You think?

One would hope.

1 hour ago, grinreaper said:

Simply put, your plan would turn a stable full of race horses into plow horses. If the Sabres used their assets in trades and free agency they could end up in affect swapping them for a bunch of players that they could ice in order to make the playoffs. Maybe if Kevyn Adams left and they changed GM's they could abandon their plan to develop a team capable of winning a Cup or more and lower their goals to just making the playoffs as the gold standard. When that is accomplished maybe we could petition the NHL to make the amount of hits replace goals as the criteria for choosing who wins a game. Just think, all the Sabres would have to do is keep giving up the puck to their opponent so they could legally rack up the hits. 

Discounting my sarcasm above, think about what you are posting. You find fault with the Sabre's youth movement and praise what Tortorella is doing in Philadelphia but lament the fact that his record is so poor because he doesn't have enough "kids". Those are tough conflicting premises to argue against.

Thank you.  You put this together better than I would have.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

One of the largest advantages of having Granato is the players are not afraid to make mistakes, rather than being benched for them or discipline for them Granato uses them as learning opportunities. look at the difference with Dahlin between the first and second half's of last season and the season in particular.  He is learned from his mistakes generally does not repeat them in has turned into a Norris level defenseman. 

The relationship between Torts and PLD is the perfect example of why I do not want him near a team of young players. 

Brawndo by a Billion!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Some people have no idea how close deals have come to happening that would have had a major impact on futures of entire leagues. Things like KC choosing Steve Fuller over Joe Montana, the 49ers trying desperately to trade for Eddie Brown only to have to settle for Jerry Rice, etc etc. The cliche was always, sometimes the best trades are the ones you don’t make.

• Like (+1) 5

16 hours ago, Taro T said:

He has seemed to play well.  Wonder if he really is playing well or if it's just the expectations for what you get out of a waiver pickup are so low he seems better than he is.

Not a surprise the Avs moved on from him.  1st rounders aren't often allowed to be 4th liners for the team that drafted them because even though they can be productive there they're viewed as "busts."

Not sure why Minny gave up on him.  Anybody here watch their games?

Not our Zemgus ... (insert winkie - winkie thingie here)

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Wholly hindsight Batman.  

Writing as someone whose concept of Batman starts with Adam West, this should be, "Holy hindsight, Batman!"

I am someone who wanted Necas, so I look at Casey as needing to get to something like that level.  I think he can -- with the right linemates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.