Is Kevyn Adams doing anything?

Zamboni

Is Kevyn Adams doing anything?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. The board seems to be split on this. Is General Manager Kevyn Adams doing anything to help the Buffalo Sabres so far this season?

• No. I think he's sitting on his hands. He's sitting on his butt. He's not making or taking phone calls. He's not talking trade scenarios with anyone including his staff. He's not doing anything whatsoever to help the Buffalo Sabres.
    • I think he's doing things to help the Buffalo Sabres. But it isn't enough in my opinion.
    • I think he's making/taking phone calls, meeting with this staff, trying to get the right roster player. While still sticking to the overall plan that the staff has implemented. I'm fine with what he's doing so far.
    • I have a different opinion not listed.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2022 at 06:00 PM

17 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So KA won't make an affirmative move to fix the goaltending until Levi is ready and that could be when exactly?  Maybe in 2024?  Maybe never.  That's not a plan.  

in 2021-22 our save% was .894, our GA was 3.5 goals allowed per game.  Our PK was awful at 76.42%.  All of these stats we significantly below the league average.  

To fix these areas, KA brought back Anderson but added Comrie, Lyubuskin and Clague with the results of ..........

In 2022-23 our save% is .892, our GA is 3.49.  Our PK is worse at 72.67%.    Thus zero improvement.

So you all can say what a good job KA has done building the offense and this is true, but there is more to winning in hockey besides offense and KA's acquisitions on defense and in goal have been mediocre at best (Clague, Anderson), but mostly lousy (Comrie, Dell, Lyubushkin). 

Whether the offense is ahead of schedule or not, a good leader takes advantage of the good fortune and supports the troops.  Regardless of what KO is whispering in his ear, KA needs to fix the D and goaltending now.  It's really that simple.  No one is going to block Levi.  No one is going to block Johnson.  No one is asking KA to destroy the pipeline to fix these areas. 

What I am saying is take a chance KA.  Get the help the team needs to break the playoff curse.  The players, the owners and the fans will thank for it.  Think of making the playoffs as part of the development curve of the organization.  First you make the playoffs, then you win a few rounds and then you compete for a Cup.  However none of that will happen with keeping the status quo on defense or in goal.

It is a plan. You are confusing the discussion when you say its not a plan. It might be a plan that is not succeeding or a plan that does not fit your plan but it is, 100% without a doubt, a plan.

Every move is a chance, every non-move is a chance. It's all about what level of uncertainty someone is willing to accept.

For the sake of discussion, let's try an exercise.  I will give a person $1M.  They can choose to keep it or they can press a button where there's a random percentage of going double or nothing.  The question is, how high does the chance of success need to get before each person will press the button.

Fundamentally in this conversation, you're pushing the button before Adams.  That might be fine, but you might also end up with nothing.  Both of you have plans, but your plans differ on when, where, and how actions are going to be taken.

17 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, your not wrong. Then again, so many of us have been exposed to the catastrophe of the last 10 years that we've come to the stage of acceptance. We now accept a sub par, but progressing, product. It is what it is.

But hey, how bout them Leafs, eh? Looking really good and stacking their team with exceptional talent to make a run for the cup. They got it going on up there in Toronto, so there's that 👍 

If accept the team because I also know that I have no say in what is happening with the team. I choose to go to games because I still find them entertaining. I choose to believe the team is improving and I choose to take hope in that. It's all good if others don't but they have just as much say in what will happen as I do. It does not mean I don't want to team to be better. What should I do?  Just complain about the team? For me, that's not a productive use of my time.  So I'd rather look at the positives.  That's my choice.

By the way.. the Leafs have tried a lot of different things to try and make a run for the Cup and end up getting bounced in the first round.  I remember when we used to debate on here about getting bounced in the first round or just missing the playoffs versus rebuilding the team. The Leafs don't get far this year that will be the same conversation (it already is really)

16 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kind of sad that people are willing to accept a mediocre product when we could be some much more with a couple of reasonable changes.  

See above.  I accept the product because it's all I can accept. if I choose not to accept it then I would just stop paying attention to it. No need to spend energy arguing things I cannot change. Everyone's choice is different, but that's why I choose to support the team right now.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.