GDT - Canucks @ Sabres - Nov. 15, 2022 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

The Sabres really miss Samuelsson.  They need another guy like that now even before he comes back.  Bryson, Pilut, and Fitzgerald just are not good enough to be top 6 defencemen when the team is healthy.

HCDG has eschewed a big emphasis on defencive systems, as the number of open shots from the slot our opponents have produced over the past 10 games show, but he has to install at least a solid defencive framework for the youngsters to learn.

Edited by Marvin
Clarification

Omfg....I'm so sick of players and coaches constantly saying "it's a tough league" or it's "hard to score in this league". What a bunch of horseshit!!! Between the Bills and Sabres that excuse is worn the ***** out. Just about every other team in either league seems to do just fine.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Omfg....I'm so sick of players and coaches constantly saying "it's a tough league" or it's "hard to score in this league". What a bunch of horseshit!!! Between the Bills and Sabres that excuse is worn the ***** out. Just about every other team in either league seems to do just fine.

Please don’t tell me you think only Buffalo pro teams say those lines. They are very very common lines. 

Welp, I have been preaching patience with this squad.  
They are in most games. 
They had a hot start. 

Yea, that shine has worn off.  

I’m trying to not let the sins of the last decade cloud my judgement of what the Sabres are trying to build here, but this is totally unacceptable. 

The media better find Kevyn Adams in the hallway tonight and put the cameras in his face. I want to see that these losses are hurting him as much or more than they’re hurting me.  I want to know he’s willing to take action before we crater to last place. Oh wait, we are already there save for Ottawa.  
Just totally unacceptable.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I was thinking the same thing watching that.   

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

One Buffalo

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The was embarrassing.  KA invest in some friggin D.  

I’ve totally come around to this.  Invest in this team now.
The Sabres need to find a dance partner, but teams have to need first round offensive prospects and we have those.  

This isn’t good enough.  Development is stunted when you lose six games in a row with no end in sight.  It’s time. 

Edited by Porous Five Hole

13 minutes ago, Contempt said:

In that we start watching other teams? How much earlier do we need to get knocked out to be better? August?

I already watch other teams. If you were around for the discussions at the end of last year and over the summer, you’d know what I mean. Maybe you were and just didn’t get it.

Edited by SwampD

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

@Thorny "Tuchy."

who said that, Brian Duffy?

14 minutes ago, Contempt said:

In that we start watching other teams? How much earlier do we need to get knocked out to be better? August?

What Swampy is referring to is that the Sabres themselves seem to play better once eliminated from playoff contention 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.