Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

But it wasn't ruled a scoring play.Β  That's the weird thing about that rule is that it doesn't kick in until an official calls it a score.

So it was a challenge. I think they should add those to the rule. It’s the only play in a game where a point or two are automatically on the line. It seems to fit in with the spirit of that rule.Β 

1 minute ago, shrader said:

So it was a challenge. I think they should add those to the rule. It’s the only play in a game where a point or two are automatically on the line. It seems to fit in with the spirit of that rule.Β 

Those SHOULD be reviewed regardless.Β  But see the league's point for not automatically reviewing close plays during regular action.Β  It adds a #### ton of time to how long a game runs and also stops the momentum the team that nearly scored had going for it.Β  Instead of playing the next down against a tired D, they have to go against a rested D & possibly 1 that had a chance to get their heavy personnel onto the field.

10 hours ago, shrader said:

I can understand why someone from that area would have a bad taste in pizza.

It's not the taste in pizza that's bad. Β It's the reviews. Β They just smack of too much bro. Β Anyway, thanks everyone for confirming that he's the guy I thought.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Those SHOULD be reviewed regardless.Β  But see the league's point for not automatically reviewing close plays during regular action.Β  It adds a #### ton of time to how long a game runs and also stops the momentum the team that nearly scored had going for it.Β  Instead of playing the next down against a tired D, they have to go against a rested D & possibly 1 that had a chance to get their heavy personnel onto the field.

These don’t take up any time fortunately. Just like with This game, they’re going to a tv timeout after the touchdown anyway. It’s probably very rare for one of these replays since the vast majority wind up being extra points and the rest are usually pretty obvious.Β 
Β 

How’s this for a hypothetical? If Miami had recovered and gone the other way for 2 points of their own, the. It does wind up automaticallyΒ reviewed.Β 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

It's not the taste in pizza that's bad. Β It's the reviews. Β They just smack of too much bro. Β Anyway, thanks everyone for confirming that he's the guy I thought.

Honestly, it’s not something I’d ever find myself reading.Β 

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

Honestly, it’s not something I’d ever find myself reading.Β 

It's YouTube stuff and I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it, but I watched two or three and then stopped. Β And then recognized the guy from posts above. Β 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shrader said:

These don’t take up any time fortunately. Just like with This game, they’re going to a tv timeout after the touchdown anyway. It’s probably very rare for one of these replays since the vast majority wind up being extra points and the rest are usually pretty obvious.Β 
Β 

How’s this for a hypothetical? If Miami had recovered and gone the other way for 2 points of their own, the. It does wind up automaticallyΒ reviewed.Β 

Agreed w/ you that extra points/ 2 point ties should automatically be reviewed.

And, yes, your hypothetical would've caused the play to be reviewed.

20 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I was at the game Saturday night and want to shout out the most authentic Santa I've ever encountered in the wild. He was sitting somewhere up yonder in the 307-308 area. His red suit looked handmade (and well made). His beard was real (and snowy white). When I hollered out "thank you, Santa!" as he was passing by to grab food or take a bio break, he sorta half turned toward me, gave a polite wave, had A TWINKLE IN HIS FUGGIN' EYE (he appeared stone cold sober, btw), let out a little "ho ho," and said "you're welcome, young man. Merry Christmas!"

Made my night, honestly.

Just how many beers had you had before β€œseeing” Santa?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, tom webster said:

Just how many beers had you had before β€œseeing” Santa?

Ha.

Zero. The only way I can manage being in the stadium is to have every available wit at my disposal. I'm generally there with one of my kids (some of whom are young adults by now) and that has something to do with the approach as well.

I went to the Jets game sober.... I don't recommend it at all.Β 

Not that you need to be completely Sloshed, but having a few helps with the 80k maniacs and crap weather πŸ˜‚

I calmly sat in the 300s, drinking my Timmy's in the freezing rain, probably part of the reason I left before the half.Β 

On 12/19/2022 at 6:59 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Portnoy ...

I will always credit him for loving on the video of the tearful Buffalo fan who was interviewed at a NYE party in 2017. I wish I could find the Tweet or clip. It’s the one where the guy blubbers his way through the Bills’ path to the Super Bowl - concluding with a rousing β€œit’s hard to beat a team three times!” in reference to an AFC Championship game at New England.

The infamous interview of the beautiful blubbering bro Bills fan starts at around the :40 mark of the video at this link (sorry - this is the only source that is readily found).

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/bills-make-buffalo-shout-on-new-years-eve/71-503875511

I still can't find the Tweet that I recall from Portnoy (and I believe it was taken down because it infringed WGRZ's copyright) - which I recall being fully in praise of the guy's purity of spirit, etc. Interestingly, his corresponding blog post still exists. And it's ... more of a mixed bag (than I recall the Tweet being). Which is fitting, I guess.

Β 234520381_Screenshot2022-12-20120530.thumb.png.acdacb85de1eccb379d1f48685d0c00f.png

Β