Senators Goalie Matt Murray says No to a Sabres Trade

Brawndo

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I'd be very surprised to think Fleury would sign here or Husso, why would either come to a non contending team? Other than money which both will most likely get on a winning team.

The bigger issue is they're both looking for (and probably getting) longer term than KA is willing to hand out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sabres Live just said swap 16 for 7 and OTT would retain some salary. Wow.

The original speculation had been Murray & #7 for #16. I guess that "additional asset" Dreger mentioned was some salary retention. Wish they could have pulled off this trade. <sigh>

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would take 2 years of Murray to move from 16 to 7. That would be crazy value, especially since you don't even need to play him after this season if Levi or UPL or whoever is ready.

Especially if Ottawa retained a touch of salary, as noted.  7, 9, 28, a goalie (to buyout or backup or waive if he doesn't want to be here, or whatever).

4 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

What happens now with Kuemper?

Kuemper's a UFA.  Francouz is under contract for two more years, then UFA.  Georgiev is an RFA.

Francouz and Kuemper are 5th and 6th in 5v5 GSAA/60 this season.  11th and 7th in HDGSAA/60.  Both worthwhile to examine.

Francouz performed similarly to Kuemper, but makes only $2M.  Kuemper made $4.5M last season.  They might trade Kemper's signing rights for a late round pick.  Clearing cap space, etc.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.