Senators Goalie Matt Murray says No to a Sabres Trade

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay. They did bad for 11 years. What would you like then to do now? Fire Adams and Granato? Fire sale the players? Sell the team? Will that please you?

What are you going to do once the Sabres are good again? Why are you even here if the Sabres are so unbearable? Do you not watch the games? Do you get mad when they win?

I'll be honest with you. If they sold the Sabres I wouldn't care- as long as the new owner keeps the team in Buffalo. They have contributed to the community which is terrific, but as a hockey team ownership group, they have, up until now, failed miserably. In fact, even including Thomas Golisano, they have been the worst owners in the history of this franchise. That's not to say that GM Kevyn is doing a bad job. We'll see this year and I do have expectations on serious improvement this season. 

I have been a Sabres fan since the early 70's which is why I am completely pissed at how low this franchise has sunk under the Pegula's. You deserve better as a Sabres fan. We all do. I'm here because I care. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste the energy. I really hope this upcoming season is different and the Sabres make a playoff push. I don't mind if they go a 12th season of missing as long as they made it close and showed even more improvement.

That being said, I could care less if the Pegula's sold this team. My patience with them has long run out. Just keep the team in Buffalo (which I believe the NHL would want as well)

• Vomit 1

Why wouldn't the Sabres have the Sens ask the player before they bothered working so hard on a trade?  Seems like that would be the logical starting point before either side wasted a bunch of time.

14 hours ago, eman said:

The point being, I TOTALLY BLAME THE PEGULA's for the past decade of ineptitude of Sabres hockey. I don't care what they've done with the Bills. This is a Sabres blog and the team has gone 11 seasons of no playoffs and some of the worst teams in the history of this franchise that has alienated a fan base that deserved so much better. Yup, completley on team ownership. Hope that makes things clearer.

If you watched the last 3 months of the season, not sure how you couldn't be excited for what is to come with this team.  The past is the past, this team is going places within a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Why wouldn't the Sabres have the Sens ask the player before they bothered working so hard on a trade?  Seems like that would be the logical starting point before either side wasted a bunch of time.

If you watched the last 3 months of the season, not sure how you couldn't be excited for what is to come with this team.  The past is the past, this team is going places within a few years.

Hey, for the first time in years, I actually do have reason to be optimistic. I actually atrribute that to coach Granato and GM Kevyn. They were both placed in a tough spot and had to eat a season to start pushing this team in the right direction (which I believe they are headed) That being said, no way on earth I give the Pegula's "a pass" for the embarrassing clown show over the past decade. They deserve the scorn. When this team does accomplish something, provided they still own it, they can reap the reward as well. But in all honesty, this "process" has taken over a decade and that's unacceptable. Let's see how the club performs this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.