Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

On 11/19/2022 at 7:52 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://theathletic.com/3909504/2022/11/19/buffalo-sabres-prospect-russia-sardarian/

Nice article on Stiven Sardarian in the Athletic.  Talks about a smart hard working kid willing to make huge sacrifices for his NHL by leaving Russia for the US to play college hockey so that he can develop and get an education.  Sounds like a good kid who even if he doesn’t make the NHL is going to be a success in life.  

That was a terrific read. I suspect that he won't be able to go back home because of the Putin war. If he does, he might get stuck there and not be able to get back to North America. As you noted he is a smart kid. Being a chess wizard demonstrates that he has an ability to think strategically. It might take more than a few years but a guy like him has the drive to succeed in whatever endeavor he chooses to pursue.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Rooting for Canada is like rooting for every Canadian NHL team combined.  You can't do that, even if Sabres prospects were on the roster.  Although it's good Canada gives us a reason to root against them more.

I'll always root for the home team (although Zegras' "C" year was tough for me) and then ABC.  Anyone But Canada.

• dislike 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

Was the CZE Goalie not at our Prospect Camp ??   Meaning we could have signed him for nothing ??  Missed opportunity

I wanted him signed after rookie camp.  Now, maybe they tried, and he said no.  

If KA didn’t try, then he must have viewed him as a Levi blocker. 

13 hours ago, Two or less said:

Sabres can still sign him.

Btw, speaking of Suchanek, the kid has 3 assists so far this tournament. haha

I remember one of the other posters saying that the Sabres would have to sign him before he left camp this year or he would have to go through the draft again (2023) before he is eligible to sign.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Kulich will be eligible again next year for this tournament. 

That's right he is still 18.  Playing in the AHL is proving to be a big advantage for him.  He is adding the physical NA game to his impressive skills and shot.   He looks like he has a physically strong frame to build on too.  

Too bad we cannot put Savoie in the A as well.   

One of these two could be our 3C next year. (?)

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That's right his is still 18.  Playing in the AHL is proving to be a big advantage for him.  He is adding the physical NA game to his impressive skills and shot.   He looks like he has a physically strong frame to build on too.  

Too bad we cannot put Savoie in the A as well.   

One of these two could be our 3C next year. (?)

I don’t think either play Center much with their respective teams 

i expect Jost and Krebs will be centers 3 and 4 next season 

Kulich and Savoie on the wings 

On 12/28/2022 at 12:06 PM, Digger said:

I remember one of the other posters saying that the Sabres would have to sign him before he left camp this year or he would have to go through the draft again (2023) before he is eligible to sign.

TSN was saying he could be signed by anyone, right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.