Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

12 hours ago, MBD said:

No one probably is now.  But last year right after he chose to return to school and I said he wasn't going to sign, I got a lot of blow back.

Half this board was screaming at the “pessimistic” thought of Portillo leaving.  Saying people were bad fans for thinking it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just a midseason perusing of points-per-game and Sabres prospects...  No surprises for Richard leading his team in the USHL, Savoie, Bloom... and then there's Viljami Marjala, posting 1.83 ppg in Finland's U20 Liiga (and 2 points in 4 games for TPS in the Liiga). That is a bit of a surprise. Two OK seasons in the QMJHL, went back home across the pond and is among the U20 scoring leaders. While he might never come back across the Atlantic, it's good to see that they identified some talent for a forgotten 5th rounder, and he could carve out a solid Liiga career.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:08 PM, French Collection said:

Savoie has 41 points after 30 games this season. He has heated up and is near last year’s pace. 

If he continues to track upwards and scores better than last year plus his team going deep into the playoffs he will get plenty of development at that level. He also had off season shoulder rehab, so that may have contributed to a slower start.

Can he play for the Amerks in their playoffs?

With a good summer he may compete for a spot at camp. Getting a 9 game look would help him and the team figure out where he is at in the development curve. I don’t know if there is any benefit to what the Kraken did with Shane Wright (play 8 games, scratched 20ish games, 5 game AHL conditioning stint, released to WJs and sent back to Junior hockey.)

Dont forget that Savoie plays on a very stacked team in Winnipeg. They are loaded and ranked #1 in Canada. I think they will go deep so not much time to spend in Rochester.  Players like Bloom, Nadeau, Lindgren and Komarov will probably exit their season much quicker and have a chance to jump into the playoffs in Rochester if required and/or good enough.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

Dont forget that Savoie plays on a very stacked team in Winnipeg. They are loaded and ranked #1 in Canada. I think they will go deep so not much time to spend in Rochester.  Players like Bloom, Nadeau, Lindgren and Komarov will probably exit their season much quicker and have a chance to jump into the playoffs in Rochester if required and/or good enough.

Know pros have to be in the AHL on trade deadline day to play in the AHL playoffs.  Pretty sure, but not positive, Juniors & NCAAers also need to be on the roster that day to play in the playoffs.

41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Know pros have to be in the AHL on trade deadline day to play in the AHL playoffs.  Pretty sure, but not positive, Juniors & NCAAers also need to be on the roster that day to play in the playoffs.

Pretty sure this isn’t true, bloom was signed last season and was playoff eligible for the Amerks after his season ended, he didn’t end up playing though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.