President of Hockey Operations

Just now, Taro T said:

President of Hockey Operations.

Can you guys sing this in a-round?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I’m not saying Tage is better then Jack.

I am saying that Tage is giving us everything this year that Jack would as a 1C.

Tage is better for THIS team than Eichel...Eichel was not necessarily the problem but he damn sure wasn't part of the solution either.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I am saying that Tage is giving us everything this year that Jack would as a 1C.

With much better intangibles… Attitude determines altitude… and Tage has a much better attitude than Eichel… 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

"The team is playing great. Let's mess with it."

I took the tweet to be a major hint that he thinks the Sabres are adding a POHO, and possibly it's Lindy.

Let's be rational. Micro vs macroanalysis. Some nice wins in garbage time doesn't obviate a need to add even more talent to the front office. 

A POHO doesn't have to mean Adams' plan is out the window.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I took the tweet to be a major hint that he thinks the Sabres are adding a POHO, and possibly it's Lindy.

Let's be rational. Micro vs macroanalysis. Some nice wins in garbage time doesn't obviate a need to add even more talent to the front office. 

A POHO doesn't have to mean Adams' plan is out the window.

Doesn't Ruff have a job with a team that plays close to where Joisey's 2 football teams play?

Wouldn't a plan to bring him in as PoHO be considered to be tampering?

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why dance around the obvious?

The obvious was Eichel was a me first player who was the best player but a bad leader. He had to go for this team to have any success. He was here too long and had failed for too long to be able to be fixed. Same for Reinhart and Risto. 

Before getting the right people on the bus, you have to get the wrong ones off. And those three definitely needed to get off the bus or we would just keep spinning our wheels.

Edited by matter2003
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I have said forever that the Sabres never should have fired Ruff.  And I still think I'm right.  It's nine years and counting since that supposed cure was to work. That was supposed to be the magic thing, right?  Just get a new coach?  Yeah, we've seen them go through five or six or whatever before finally, we have another good one.  (I can't imagine what the new generation of Sabres fans will to do Donny G once he hits two pairs of conference championship series.)

But this is his last season in NJ.  I am certain of that.  He will not be back, and unless he has elite boomer powers, he will be out of the league.  Lindy won't be recycled like certain Canada coaches are.

I hate watching it end this way.  But I loved Power scoring his first goal against Ruff.  A passing of the torch, maybe.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

"The team is playing great. Let's mess with it."

Not to mention I (and I’m sure I’m not alone) couldn’t possibly care less what Peters says. About anything Sabres related. There’s that too 😂

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.