GDT: Buffalo at NJ, 7 pm ET 4/21/22, MSG & WGR

Doohickie

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Tage is better for THIS team than Eichel...Eichel was not necessarily the problem but he damn sure wasn't part of the solution either.

Its worse. He never wanted to be part of the solution. The guys we have now want to be part of the solution. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I took the tweet to be a major hint that he thinks the Sabres are adding a POHO, and possibly it's Lindy.

Let's be rational. Micro vs macroanalysis. Some nice wins in garbage time doesn't obviate a need to add even more talent to the front office. 

A POHO doesn't have to mean Adams' plan is out the window.

Let's argue the other side of the coin. What does Lindy Ruff add to the Sabres in a POHO role? Experience? Okay. Does that experience sync with the analytics-driven Karmanos Sabres? 

There is nothing I'm seeing with the Sabres trajectory that I feel Ruff advances. In fact I would fear falling back into old thinking. Hiring Ruff is a feel good nostalgia move. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Contempt said:
1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Petey tweets that Lindy would make a good POHO.

Other than nostalgia, why?

My response.  I tried to be diplomatic.

1 hour ago, Spoonman said:

What’s a POHO?

President of Hockey Operations.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Okay enough of He-Man Hey Hey Hey Hey...

Switching over to this.

John Valby wants to be here.

"...a new song called Eat-Bite.  It's a sing-along song, see, so you've got to learn the chorus..."

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's argue the other side of the coin. What does Lindy Ruff add to the Sabres in a POHO role? Experience? Okay. Does that experience sync with the analytics-driven Karmanos Sabres? 

There is nothing I'm seeing with the Sabres trajectory that I feel Ruff advances. In fact I would fear falling back into old thinking. Hiring Ruff is a feel good nostalgia move. Don't fix what with broke.

But but but Ted Nolan being in the organization would be so amazing too! Stanley cups galore! 😂

Oh, and bring back the whammy weenie and fans in hard hats. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just finished watching the game.  A couple of thoughts.

1) VO is getting a bigger contract by the game.  Maybe he is channeling Sam Reinhart after all.

2) I love seeing Power and Samuelsson killing penalties together.

3) Congrats to Owen for scoring his first goal by converting the best pass of Skinner’s career.

4) That maybe the worst ice in the NHL.  

5) Sorry Lindy.  You’ll need another game to pass Al Arbour.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Tage is better for THIS team than Eichel...Eichel was not necessarily the problem but he damn sure wasn't part of the solution either.

I think the thing about Eichel (and the culture around him) was this. With Eichel the team/ownership thinking was how do we make Eichel better, and how do we make Eichel happy, and how do we motivate Eichel to give us his all. Dumped money and term at him arguably before he earned it. Gave him wingers (Skinner, then Hall, Sam all the time). Gave him a motivational speaker coach (with zero hockey ability). Always make Jack happy, do what Jack wants. And Jack was the same. All for the glory, but not so much for the hard work (quit on a back check much Jack?)

The current crop are more about what do we have to do to be better and make the team better. It's a total reversal, and the way it should have been. 

We tanked, which was arguably foolish, but then the rebuild centered on a diva rather than on a team. Seems to be fixed now.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

Doesn't Ruff have a job with a team that plays close to where Joisey's 2 football teams play?

Wouldn't a plan to bring him in as PoHO be considered to be tampering?

1.  Not for long.

2. It's still a useless position.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok, so i did not get to watch the game (Damn blackout!) but i was able to watch the extended highlights. Happy that the Sabres seemed to keep coming but damn, did NJ get their goalies from the gutter?? He was 100% horrible. 3 of the goals were garbage crazy bounce goals. The look on Lindy's face was so damn funny!!!

2 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

Ok, so i did not get to watch the game (Damn blackout!) but i was able to watch the extended highlights. Happy that the Sabres seemed to keep coming but damn, did NJ get their goalies from the gutter?? He was 100% horrible. 3 of the goals were garbage crazy bounce goals. The look on Lindy's face was so damn funny!!!

For Amerk Andrew “Hamburgler” Hammond 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.