GDT Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres - Rick Jeanneret Banner Ceremony 6:30

SwampD

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

ESPN+ should work on a mobile device too, no?

It does.

”Extras: Bjork, Hayden, Butcher.”  - 3 players who should never suit up for the Sabres again.

One last thought:  They better win this friggin’ game for RJ.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

Go RJ!  And for what it's worth, this looks very close to, if not an actual NHL lineup.  Not a Cup winning lineup, to be sure, but arguably one where all of the players are NHL-worthy and not AHLers.  I know some may argue against Eakin, but he's a 4th line center and he is the team's best faceoff man, so he has value for that, particuarly with all of the games going into OT recently, where winning a faceoff can truly be the difference in winning or losing the game.

image.png.0639d17d600a186fa5fe2485b8d8cb64.png

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"I'll miss you most of all, RJ"

RJ has been the voice of the Sabres for nearly my entire life. I was born in 70.

It is a somber, humbling feeling to watch as the sun sets on this magical broadcast era of Sabres hockey. What a fantastic ride we all have shared with him. I wish him nothing but the best in his years ahead.

So here's to you RJ, you have, are and forever more be "Top shelf, where momma hides the cookies"!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

Where’s the best spot to get some wings or pizza downtown before the game? I’m flying in from nyc now!

Places closer to the arena:

Washington Square or Swannie House for wings.

Gene McCarthy's Tavern for wings, beef on weck and beers.

Carbone's Pizzaria for take out pizza.

Hydraulic Hearth for fancy eat in pizza.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He has five left, ending with Chicago at home on the 29th.

Btw Sabres now saying be seated by 6:30.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

Where’s the best spot to get some wings or pizza downtown before the game? I’m flying in from nyc now!

Pizza, downtown, probably Bada Bing or Pizza Plant.  Wings, Sidelines or Union Pub.  There is no longer a traditional Buffalo pizzeria that serves both downtown, after Prima closed, as far as I know.  There is Bocce on Delaware, but it is takeout only.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Pizza, downtown, probably Bada Bing or Pizza Plant.  Wings, Sidelines or Union Pub.  There is no longer a traditional Buffalo pizzeria that serves both downtown, after Prima closed, as far as I know.  There is Bocce on Delaware, but it is takeout only.

Pizza, bada bing

Wings, sidelines for sure

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Places closer to the arena:

Washington Square or Swannie House for wings.

Gene McCarthy's Tavern for wings, beef on weck and beers.

Carbone's Pizzaria for take out pizza.

Hydraulic Hearth for fancy eat in pizza.

Btw Sabres now saying be seated by 6:30.

Idk if I'd call these close per say.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Sidelines has gotten to the point that I'd go there over Gabriel's Gate.  So good and so consistent.

Gabe's gate was very mediocre last time I went. Sidelines has been on point though. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's on Chippewa, right? Not close to the arena but the Metrorail is free at that station.

Yea bada Bing and sidelines are short walks up to the train

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Idk if I'd call these close per say.

Closer than Bada Bing. Gene McCarthy and Carbone's are not exactly walking distance but a short Uber. Swannie House and Washington Square are just a few blocks away.

Southern Tier Brewing, formerly 716, is open now. How's the food there? Does John Labbat House have food?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.