GDT: Sabres at Calgary Flames. March 18th, 2022. MSG-B, SN, WGR550

Brawndo

• SDS pinned this topic
19 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Very well could go 0 for 3 on this trip. I’m not gonna lie. The feel good stories from the Knights and Leafs games were washed away watching the no show in Edmonton.For me. 

Seems like they only get jacked up (pun intended) for certain games.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It feels like Calgary brings the same roster into every season and alternates between being a top 5 team and a bottom 10 team in any given year 

YES.  Thank you.  I've had similar thoughts and never could really put my finger on it.

Out of the frying pan and into the Flames. But now the Heritage Classic and its circus, plus only one game in 6 days are firmly in the rearview mirror. Girgs and Miller have had their wake-up skate.

The issue tonight is the Flames suffocating defense. (and they're good offensively, too) Gotta stay on the throttle, score first, and get the Flames out of their comforting trap. Try to get this into a higher-scoring affair.

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is going to be a bloodbath, isn't it?

I don't think it will be. A closer loss.

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Very well could go 0 for 3 on this trip. I’m not gonna lie. The feel good stories from the Knights and Leafs games were washed away watching the no show in Edmonton.For me. 

Why was EDM game a no show? Sabres had lots of scoring chances. They just got overwhelmed by McDavid & Co. Wore them out, especially on those extended possessions in our end. Tough game. They happen.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why was EDM game a no show? Sabres had lots of scoring chances. They just got overwhelmed by McDavid & Co. Wore them out, especially on those extended possessions in our end. Tough game. They happen.

They were badly outplayed. Men against boys.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yep. Great teams get throttled every now and then. It’s expected that a not great team will have their fair share of them.  

I don't want to make light of mental health and this is not directed at any one poster in particular but I would compare some of the reactions on this site to Bi-Polar disorder. 

Can't we just chill and enjoy the ride?

The kids are gonna be alright, they're just not there yet and some nights they just plain suck. 

I'll save the venom for when the games are for playoff position again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don't want to make light of mental health and this is not directed at any one poster in particular but I would compare some of the reactions on this site to Bi-Polar disorder. 

Can't we just chill and enjoy the ride?

The kids are gonna be alright, they're just not there yet and some nights they just plain suck. 

I'll save the venom for when the games are for playoff position again.

I agree that we all should enjoy the Sabres.  It's what fans do.

Your first line thought ...

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No, why were the 2 other games washed away? 

Well I did say for me. It doesn’t have to be the same for you. I didn’t expect them to suddenly be world beaters because they had a few good games but I was hoping for some carryover. Some sign that maybe they’re starting to get it. I know this will be a long process I just found the first period in particular they once again came out flat. It was disappointing thats all. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.