Sabres players curling….

SDS

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Where is that?  I used to curl at NFCC and wouldn't mind taking it up again.

Buffalo Curling Club, its in the old Buffalo China Factory off Bailey near Clinton if that means anything to you. They do Learn to Curl events there once in a while (I think they have one later this month) if you just want to try it out, and they do rentals if you want to take a group. Leagues are two sessions a year, October-December and January-March.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Alex Tuch's first practice.  That's the day, this group's Chris Drury, began fixing this team's culture.

Holy spit - I cannot think of 2 more different captain types. There's no way Tuch came in and told Dahlin to turn off the stereo, eat bland chicken, and hit the weight room after a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Holy spit - I cannot think of 2 more different captain types. There's no way Tuch came in and told Dahlin to turn off the stereo, eat bland chicken, and hit the weight room after a game.

Agreed.

Not diminishing Tuch’s role and many others have played their part.

But it started with Kevyn Adams and his declaration he was building with players who want to be here and earn the city’s respect.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Call me when we get to the ECFs.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Who says they have to lead the same way?  Think of how different the attitude of this team has been since he arrived on the ice.  He's leading by simply saying that he wants to be here and jump on my back and I'll help get you there.  He's like a beacon of light in the dark tunnel of our rebuild.   

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Krebs is a natural curler

Did anyone hear about Tage's wife having cancer a few years ago? That can potentially give reasoning to some of his struggles.

Skinner is everyone's friend

Okposo with a short quip about Thompson's NFT obsession 

It couldn’t have helped.  KA stood by him, committed to him, and is being rewarded.

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Did anyone hear about Tage's wife having cancer a few years ago? That can potentially give reasoning to some of his struggles.

They’re not even a real thing. 

On 3/16/2022 at 5:20 PM, SwampD said:

Call me when we get to the ECFs.

I like Tuch a lot and think he is a fine player to have on a good NHL team. I don't really watch him and think I'm seeing someone of the importance ascribed by a lot of fans. 

There are other guys on this team who look like they can become that foundational type of player though. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Krebs family is made up of natural athletes and people that excel at what they put their minds to. There was a good article a couple years ago about them.

Krebs seems like a very likeable guy. I think he will be a big part of this team’s core and culture for years to come here.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I like Tuch a lot and think he is a fine player to have on a good NHL team. I don't really watch him and think I'm seeing someone of the importance ascribed by a lot of fans. 

There are other guys on this team who look like they can become that foundational type of player though. 

Tuch started off very hot.  I don’t think he will be an 80 point player, but I do think that he may have a little more to give than he was able to show in Vegas.  I think he is doing that now.

In addition to being a top-6 capable winger with a game that is built for the playoffs, Tuch seems to be a galvanizing figure among his teammates.  I think the fans see that as well and appreciate it just as much as his on ice contributions.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.