Kyle Okposo missing from practice

SDS

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Hopefully they are discussing our pressing need for better goaltending and who to pair with Power

As opposed to Adams asking him if he is interested in going to the Leafs, who have offered a 1st?

Edited by dudacek

44 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I heard he had a basketball game last night and forgot his goggles and missed practice to get them.

Every time someone refers to basketball players wearing goggles, I always think of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from "Airplane."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm guessing Adams is asking Okposo rather or not he wants to stick around. 

16 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

That is the best way to put it. We love you, we need you, but if you want to make a run I got offers.

That will be trade deadline next season probably.  He has one more year on his deal.

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

Let's hope that next year the last thing we want to do as we a making the push is trade Kyle for a 3rd rounder.

Hopeium.

There is a John Vogl interview with Kev in the Athletic yesterday. Nothing earth shattering. Adams did say he's weighing locker room impact vs trade compensation. Doesn't want to move a guy who's making the room click.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

There is a John Vogl interview with Kev in the Athletic yesterday. Nothing earth shattering. Adams did say he's weighing locker room impact vs trade compensation. Doesn't want to move a guy who's making the room click.

Interesting topic... 😀

42 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Every time someone refers to basketball players wearing goggles, I always think of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from "Airplane."

Funny you reference Airplane.  

Kareem Abdul Jabbar from the Lakers.   Formerly Lew Alcinder from UCLA and Milwaukee Bucks.  

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar from the Lakers.   Formerly Lew Alcinder from UCLA and Milwaukee Bucks.  

Indeed.  When one converts they often take an Islamic name.  Cacius Clay is another famous one.  Cat Stevens.  Many women do the same.

Still others do not.  At least not officially change the name, or even make it known that their new name is what they prefer.

I didn't.  Some Brothers and Sisters call me Ibrahim (Abraham), but it's not something that I use often.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

As opposed to Adams asking him if he is interested in going to the Leafs, who have offered a 1st?

Or talking team about his becoming the team Captain with a 3 year 12 mill extension.

Or Adams was asking for help filling out his NCAA bracket.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 3/16/2022 at 12:13 PM, woods-racer said:

Let's hope that next year the last thing we want to do as we a making the push is trade Kyle for a 3rd rounder.

Hopeium.

True, I just meant that at a $6M cap hit a year left he isn’t very tradable right now, but next deadline he would be.  I too hope he sticks around for a couple more years on Sabres playoff teams.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

True, I just meant that at a $6M cap hit a year left he isn’t very tradable right now, but next deadline he would be.  I too hope he sticks around for a couple more years on Sabres playoff teams.

Sabres can retain half so really at 3 million he's very valuable. I wouldn't trade him though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Sabres can retain half so really at 3 million he's very valuable. I wouldn't trade him though. 

Yeah, but if I were the Sabres I wouldn’t want to use 1/3 of my retention slots retaining $3M on Okposo, a player who I like as a veteran for the young team and who probably doesn’t want to go right now anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.