Sabres reveal season ticket, fan engagement plan

dudacek

Had some references elsewhere on Sabrespace, figured it deserved its own thread.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/as-sabres-unveil-new-initiatives-for-season-tickets-theyre-mostly-holding-line-on-prices/article_938b3cd4-9727-11ec-bac9-eb84ea008c6b.html

The team has hired a new VP of ticket sales and created a 25-person fan council to advise them.

"Ultimately, we're going to take some of the experiences that I've had in other markets and see what works here and be able to listen to our fans. They've told us plenty of what they want to see and what they want to do, and we're going to look to execute on those items."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Ice a good team.  The tickets will sell themselves.  They don't need a VP Ticket Sales & Fan Experience (what a lame title) for that.

Any of our ST holders part of the 25 fans council?  That's rich.

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ?????
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Ice a good team.  The tickets will sell themselves.  They don't need a VP Ticket Sales & Fan Experience (what a lame title) for that.

Any of our ST holders part of the 25 fans council?  That's rich.

season 13 GIF

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I know someone on the council.  It seems that the team listened with respect to payment plans, at least.

Maybe they will finally figure out that being ***** at everything from the team to the experience doesn't make a good product. 

This franchise has made more than its fair share of missteps in recent years.  That doesn't mean that everyone should throw their hands up and give up.  While the Sabres try to follow their rebuild plan to improve on the ice, there's nothing wrong with an initiatve like this to improve things off the ice.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, msw2112 said:

This franchise has made more than its fair share of missteps in recent years.  That doesn't mean that everyone should throw their hands up and give up.  While the Sabres try to follow their rebuild plan to improve on the ice, there's nothing wrong with an initiatve like this to improve things off the ice.

Absolutely.

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The REAL news from that article buried about 2/3's of the way down:

"and Luukkonnen is expected to be ready to be the team's top goalie come the fall."

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bedard sweepstakes.

Eh, he always was going to be 1/2 the battery with a shot at being #1. The real concern is who he’s paired with.

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

how do they not see this?

I think the article made it clear they do. The question is more about how they deliver.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Eh, he always was going to be 1/2 the battery with a shot at being #1. The real concern is who he’s paired with.

I think the article made it clear they do. The question is more about how they deliver.

Having a shot at it & being gifted it are 2 VASTLY different things.  

They really should bring in a guy that on paper is better than him.  And if UPL wins the competition, then so be it, good for him, & likely good for us.  But this team hasn't had a guy truly deserving the title #1 goalie entering the season since Miller's last year.  Not looking forward to an 11th (12th?) consecutive season of that trend continuing. 

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Having a shot at it & being gifted it are 2 VASTLY different things.  

They really should bring in a guy that on paper is better than him.  And if UPL wins the competition, then so be it, good for him, & likely good for us.  But this team hasn't had a guy truly deserving the title #1 goalie entering the season since Miller's last year.  Not looking forward to an 11th (12th?) consecutive season of that trend continuing. 

Don’t think we’re too far apart on this one.

Still hoping we get 20 games of UPL to show they are right (or even wrong) about him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Don’t think we’re too far apart on this one.

Still hoping we get 20 games of UPL to show they are right (or even wrong) about him.

Expect UPL will be back in Buffalo right after the trade deadline.  But, as long as they are only scratching 2 healthy players a night would like to see them scratching Tokarski as well.

Agree that they need to find out what UPL is capable of while we're here.

Yous all are being real hard on @nucci here.

He is just commenting on what I said.  We can all agree that it's obvious that icing a good team will make all the difference and the Sabres know this.  They are trying to get there, but it's a very slow process and won't happen over-night.  The Sabres are getting close, IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Yous all are being real hard on @nucci here.

He is just commenting on what I said.  We can all agree that it's obvious that icing a good team will make all the difference and the Sabres know this.  They are trying to get there, but it's a very slow process and won't happen over-night.  The Sabres are getting close, IMO.

Thanks and you're correct but it's ok. I don't care what people think of me or my comments

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.