Brandon Biro Recalled from Rochester

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Brandon Biro Recalled from Rochester

Biro would be a “found money” type prospect as I don’t think an NHL career of significance is expected. While Peterka continuing to develop his 2-way game in the minors remains very important for the big club down the line, Biro fits the mold to me of a “throw him in there and give him a look” type guy. 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah.  I watch every Amerks game. Just thought it was noteworthy that JJ was passed over.  Good for Biro.  

JJ only has 7 more games in the show if his ELC is to slide another year (IIRC he was up for 2 games so far).  He'll be back, but would be very surprised if he gets to game 10.

19 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

That’s the only reason that makes sense.  Where would Biro be without JJ on his line?

JJ’s time will come 

Yeah, Peterka has been the creator of a lot of Biro's chances.  But Biro is still filling that complementary role well.  Wonder if they'll give him a fighting chance to earn a spot & put him into Olofsson's slot or if he'll take Bjork's spot w/ Hayden & Eakin?

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

They're taking a good look at everyone who is showing something in Rochester.

Yep, and showing the troops down there that they will be rewarded for strong play.

I see Biro’s logical spot as stepping for Eakin, given his game.

But he is a natural winger and Bjork has been terrible, so…

Dont see him getting ice in the top 9.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yep, and showing the troops down there that they will be rewarded for strong play.

I see Biro’s logical spot as stepping for Eakin, given his game.

But he is a natural winger and Bjork has been terrible, so…

Dont see him getting ice in the top 9.

Yeah.  If he makes the team eventually, it almost definitely is as a 4th liner.  But, to see what he can bring would prefer to see him given Olofsson's spot rather than bumping a guy with no future to slot Biro in "where he belongs."

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Biro would be a “found money” type prospect as I don’t think an NHL career of significance is expected. While Peterka continuing to develop his 2-way game in the minors remains very important for the big club down the line, Biro fits the mold to me of a “throw him in there and give him a look” type guy. 

Pretty much

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.