Krebs, Tuch, Bjork in Covid Protocol

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Hopefully they didn't actually test positive/aren't symptomatic 

The new guys could have had lunch with that other guy and were in a possible exposure situation, which will force a shut down.  Contact tracing is hard and I found myself in highly unlikely, but possible exposure situation over the holidays.  Just shut everything down, which was going to be the caese over the holidays anyway.

Krebs must be crushed.

Kid says the right things, but it’s clear he is competitive as hell and impatient to be an NHLer. They’ve clearly emphasized patience and staying in the moment to him.

The Boston game must have felt like he was finally going to make that step.And now this.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Hopefully they didn't actually test positive/aren't symptomatic 

False positive? As I understand it the antigen tests aren't as sensitive against Omicron, which means they don't find enough true positives. So the problem is false negatives.

I'm not an immune virologist, but the sea ia angry today, nonetheless.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

False positive? As I understand it the antigen tests aren't as sensitive against Omicron, which means they don't find enough true positives. So the problem is false negatives.

Was referring more to them being in protocol due to contact and not a positive test, but I'm not that familiar with the protocols. 

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The rapid antigen test targets the nucleocapsid, not the forever mutating spike protein. That said, the delta variant did pick up 2 mutations in the nucleocapsid protein, which was passed down to the omicron. So, the sensitivity of the antigen test is no different than the delta. However, the nucleocapsid antigen doesn’t persist as long as the viral RNA detected by PCR. 

25 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

For the first time in my entire 50 years of life, I totally forgot the Sabres even had a game. It was against the Bruins and my jaw Hit the Floor the next morning when I saw they had played. What has become of me...I am actually fear that I have lost the love of hockey 😞

Does that mean you’ll switch teams you root for after this season and watch them win a cup or…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.