GDT - Sabres @ Wild - December 16, 2021 - 8 PM (EST) - MSG-B and WGR

Doohickie

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Subban should play tomorrow. UPL made some big saves but the goals he let in were not that great. Let's not elevate him to messiah status just yet and give the kid a rest to regroup and come back solid rather than burning him out.  

Stop talking sense and disrupting our fantasies!

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Excellent points and that looks friggin delicious!! 

It is, but it's seasonal and they're all out.  😞

38 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

People should really look at what Lidstrom and Hedman were doing at 21.

Actually Lidstrom at 21 was AMAZING.  We were living in Detroit when he came up and he knocked everyone's socks off.

43 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Whoa.

Is this really happening?

UPL was solid as a freaking rock again (I know those 2 goals leaked through, but the 1st one was a wicked 1-timer off a cross-ice pass and the 2nd one was by an elite NHL scorer who was allowed to stroll into the circle and pick his spot).  He was calm, controlled, anticipated well, used his size well and made great saves in OT and the SO.

I think he is giving the team a major confidence boost.  

And I think he might be the one.

You been hitting on that hopium pipe, haven't you?? Be careful, it'll get you.

50 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Whoa.

Is this really happening?

UPL was solid as a freaking rock again (I know those 2 goals leaked through, but the 1st one was a wicked 1-timer off a cross-ice pass and the 2nd one was by an elite NHL scorer who was allowed to stroll into the circle and pick his spot).  He was calm, controlled, anticipated well, used his size well and made great saves in OT and the SO.

I think he is giving the team a major confidence boost.  

And I think he might be the one.

Sorry but those were soft goals, but he was very solid again and was perfect in the shoot out

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

Yes, good entertainment on the ice.  Observations:

TT is getting so many good chances, his luck will change and he'll get on a nice scoring run.

At one point, I reflected on Donnie G's comments from the other night, that Dhalin will get to a point where the good things he does will outweigh the bad (or something like that).  There was a "WTF is he doing?" moment when he put a pass between his legs from behind his own net and only UPL prevented a score.  Despite that, it seemed he had another really strong game.

I admit, I thought MInny would win in OT, especially when it got to a shootout.  Good for UPL getting the W.

I'm wondering if between the Sabres and Amerks, there's only one stopper to plug two holes?  I hope those young'uns don't lose confidence.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

@Thorny had better have been with the team on that plane to Pittsburgh.

He definitely is the lucky charm right now.

2 games and 2 wins.

I was.

Currently perusing the Andy Warhol museum in anticipation of the next game. Opposing fans are starting to hear tell of my unwanted presence in their cities 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I was.

Currently perusing the Andy Warhol museum in anticipation of the next game. Opposing fans are starting to hear tell of my unwanted presence in their cities 

If the yinzers tell youns about an alternate way down from Mount Warshington tell them what they can do with ther buggies.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.