Lehigh Valley @ Rochester - 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

I’ll file this under “Things you miss on tv.”

My buddy and I had a bizarre conversation with a drunken girl from RIT in the concourse at intermission. Something about her roommate’s cousin is Brayden Holtby. The other girls were shaking their heads no behind her back but she was too hammered.

Then in the third they had her and her whole crew on the jumbo. She slammed her beer and smashed the can on her head. 

My kind of girl.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

I’ll file this under “Things you miss on tv.”

My buddy and I had a bizarre conversation with a drunken girl from RIT in the concourse at intermission. Something about her roommate’s cousin is Brayden Holtby. The other girls were shaking their heads no behind her back but she was too hammered.

Then in the third they had her and her whole crew on the jumbo. She slammed her beer and smashed the can on her head. 

My kind of girl.

Just found out I've got 4 tix to Amerks games.  (Wife'll want to hit up at least 1.)  So can catch up w/ you at least twice.  Always have a blast at their games hanging w/ you.

6 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Are we more impressed by Quinn’s passing skills or shooting?   

He is so creative moving the puck.

He can hold it for the extra half-second to open a seam, and I can’t remember a player one-touch a pass as well as he does in a long, long time.

That boy has some elite hands.

When he adds some strength to the tenacity that’s already there, he’s going to be hard to stop.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is that clip full speed or slowed down? Cause there's some good moves there, but it looks slow. 

I believe its a tad slowed down, 

The other clip is slowed a tad to show the dekes more clearly. In real time its more of a fast movement followed by a slow goal score

Edited by thewookie1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know, but Murray always seems to be in the right spot.  He might not be the most skilled guy out there but he is always there.
Really hope we don't lose him.

He’s been their call up all season.  I’d say he’s on the verge of either making it or not. Given his size and skill set are not in abundance in Buffalo, I think he’s got a decent shot to make it until some of the recent draft picks arrive. 

13 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Quinn is a much better prospect than Krebs.  Every game Quinn is generating lots of chances.  Every game, Krebs seems to have maybe just really one good pass.

Listening to James Patrick, his junior coach, talk about Krebs, it is clear that Krebs is a classic over-achiever.  He's not blazing fast like Weissbach or Peterka.  He's doesn't have the passing or shooting of a Quinn.  He doesn't have the size of a Murray.   After seeing some really bad passes, I question his vaunted "high hockey IQ".   When Sean Malone was centering Quinn and Peterka, the line was really rocking; with Krebs at center the Amerks have kind of been struggling.

When the Eichel trade went down, I was hoping that it was Brisson who was coming back.  So far in Roch, Krebs hasn't really impressed me.  I see 3rd line max upside at the moment, and that after some time.  Kinda like a NJ McCleod kinda guy.   At least with Tage Thompson, we all saw his reach and his wicked shot.  What does Krebs have?   What am I missing?

13 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Quinn is a much better prospect than Krebs.  Every game Quinn is generating lots of chances.  Every game, Krebs seems to have maybe just really one good pass.

Listening to James Patrick, his junior coach, talk about Krebs, it is clear that Krebs is a classic over-achiever.  He's not blazing fast like Weissbach or Peterka.  He's doesn't have the passing or shooting of a Quinn.  He doesn't have the size of a Murray.   After seeing some really bad passes, I question his vaunted "high hockey IQ".   When Sean Malone was centering Quinn and Peterka, the line was really rocking; with Krebs at center the Amerks have kind of been struggling.

When the Eichel trade went down, I was hoping that it was Brisson who was coming back.  So far in Roch, Krebs hasn't really impressed me.  I see 3rd line max upside at the moment, and that after some time.  Kinda like a NJ McCleod kinda guy.   At least with Tage Thompson, we all saw his reach and his wicked shot.  What does Krebs have?   What am I missing?

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Duffer doing color with Don Stevens tonight.  He’s a solid pro. 

Yeah. Duffer is great.   I like Ric Seiling, but he just doesn't seem to have a lot of excitement most nights.  Duffer has a ton of energy and is really knowledgeable.  The other night, Ric and Don were joking(?) that Jobst should be pronounced DJobst, because it makes no sense that a J should should sound like a Y.  The better question is how the J sound came into English in the first place.  Pick up an old Bible and see the letter J representing Y all the time.  How did Yeshua turn into Yesus into DJesus?   I know that hockey guys are supposed to know hockey and not necessarily know linguistics.   And that would be great if they did know hockey.  Don Stevens keeps on confusing Peterka(77) and Pekar(12); how do you do that when their numbers are so different?    So, yeah, Brian Duff is a great fill-in.

14 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

Quinn is a much better prospect than Krebs.  Every game Quinn is generating lots of chances.  Every game, Krebs seems to have maybe just really one good pass.

Listening to James Patrick, his junior coach, talk about Krebs, it is clear that Krebs is a classic over-achiever.  He's not blazing fast like Weissbach or Peterka.  He's doesn't have the passing or shooting of a Quinn.  He doesn't have the size of a Murray.   After seeing some really bad passes, I question his vaunted "high hockey IQ".   When Sean Malone was centering Quinn and Peterka, the line was really rocking; with Krebs at center the Amerks have kind of been struggling.

When the Eichel trade went down, I was hoping that it was Brisson who was coming back.  So far in Roch, Krebs hasn't really impressed me.  I see 3rd line max upside at the moment, and that after some time.  Kinda like a NJ McCleod kinda guy.   At least with Tage Thompson, we all saw his reach and his wicked shot.  What does Krebs have?   What am I missing?

Quinn is a much better prospect than Krebs.  Every game Quinn is generating lots of chances.  Every game, Krebs seems to have maybe just really one good pass.

Listening to James Patrick, his junior coach, talk about Krebs, it is clear that Krebs is a classic over-achiever.  He's not blazing fast like Weissbach or Peterka.  He's doesn't have the passing or shooting of a Quinn.  He doesn't have the size of a Murray.   After seeing some really bad passes, I question his vaunted "high hockey IQ".   When Sean Malone was centering Quinn and Peterka, the line was really rocking; with Krebs at center the Amerks have kind of been struggling.

When the Eichel trade went down, I was hoping that it was Brisson who was coming back.  So far in Roch, Krebs hasn't really impressed me.  I see 3rd line max upside at the moment, and that after some time.  Kinda like a NJ McCleod kinda guy.   At least with Tage Thompson, we all saw his reach and his wicked shot.  What does Krebs have?   What am I missing?

All the more reason to target centres in the coming draft. We seem to be looking pretty good at wing 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, etiennep99 said:

Wow…a few games in the organization and all set to kick him to the curb….and I thought I was hard on the org after the last decade of futility. 😞

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, etiennep99 said:

Krebs is a 20 year old who 2 weeks ago had to uproot his life, move across the country, and join a new team in a different league.  I say we give him some time to settle into his new environment before we judge him too much.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Interesting counter observation re: Krebs.  It bears watching.

I think Krebs has faded after a really good start. Hasn’t stood out much over the past two or three games.

He plays a tenacious game and tends to get overpowered a lot because of the men/boys factor. Reminds me of Cozens in that fashion.

But he is already NHL fast, has an obvious work ethic and can really pass the puck. 

He has looked unsettled to me. He’s been on 3 different lines, 2 different positions, and different roles on both PP units, in what, 6 games? 

I’d like to see him given a chance to get some rhythm going.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

Krebs is a 20 year old who 2 weeks ago had to uproot his life, move across the country, and join a new team in a different league.  I say we give him some time to settle into his new environment before we judge him too much.

Your comment is exactly the same comment that KA made when after he traded for him and then had him start off in Rochester. As you noted the GM wanted to get this young player comfortable in his new environment and give him a lot of playing time. Sometimes we forget how young some of these players are and the challenges they have to face dealing with being uprooted.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know, but Murray always seems to be in the right spot.  He might not be the most skilled guy out there but he is always there.
Really hope we don't lose him.

They should give Murray a proper shot in Buffalo on the 4th line. Let him play there for 5 or 6 games straight to see if he can bring his game to the NHL level. The 4th line isn't good right now anyway and I'd like to see him get a proper stable evaluation. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

They should give Murray a proper shot in Buffalo on the 4th line. Let him play there for 5 or 6 games straight to see if he can bring his game to the NHL level. The 4th line isn't good right now anyway and I'd like to see him get a proper stable evaluation. 

Can’t be worse at hockey than Hayden.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Hayden isn't very skilled, this is obvious, but I personally don't want him out of the line up. We're a super soft team and a little grit on the 4th line works for me. I personally don't think much of Bjork and would sit him for a bunch of games and try Murray. Give that line a different look. Or, I think Hayden's played some center before but him in the middle for a bit with Murray on his wing. Or stick R2 between Zemgus and Kyle for a bit and bump Eakin down between \Murray and Hayden. 

idk, but imo there's nothing to be lost giving Murray a proper chance at this point. He might surprise. 

7 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

Yeah. Duffer is great.   I like Ric Seiling, but he just doesn't seem to have a lot of excitement most nights.  Duffer has a ton of energy and is really knowledgeable.  The other night, Ric and Don were joking(?) that Jobst should be pronounced DJobst, because it makes no sense that a J should should sound like a Y.  The better question is how the J sound came into English in the first place.  Pick up an old Bible and see the letter J representing Y all the time.  How did Yeshua turn into Yesus into DJesus?   I know that hockey guys are supposed to know hockey and not necessarily know linguistics.   And that would be great if they did know hockey.  Don Stevens keeps on confusing Peterka(77) and Pekar(12); how do you do that when their numbers are so different?    So, yeah, Brian Duff is a great fill-in.

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Wow…a few games in the organization and all set to kick him to the curb….and I thought I was hard on the org after the last decade of futility. 😞

7 hours ago, Weave said:

Interesting counter observation re: Krebs.  It bears watching.

6 hours ago, Curt said:

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think Krebs has faded after a really good start. Hasn’t stood out much over the past two or three games.

He plays a tenacious game and tends to get overpowered a lot because of the men/boys factor. Reminds me of Cozens in that fashion.

But he is already NHL fast, has an obvious work ethic and can really pass the puck. 

He has looked unsettled to me. He’s been on 3 different lines, 2 different positions, and different roles on both PP units, in what, 6 games? 

I’d like to see him given a chance to get some rhythm going.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

To mAy toe, To ma to, nothing's going to change much until Mitts-Olofsson and Tuch get back. Keeping the young guys in Rochester is their best course and no one else is going to help or make things much worse, you either have the talent or you don't. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Taro T said:

Just found out I've got 4 tix to Amerks games.  (Wife'll want to hit up at least 1.)  So can catch up w/ you at least twice.  Always have a blast at their games hanging w/ you.

Absolutely.

I’m not sure if you still have my number so I’ll PM with it.

Beers on me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.