Come on, SS, get yer ***** together

PASabreFan

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I know that song well.  It's when I knew the words to all Billy Joel's songs.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

She said she'd always been a dancer. Worked at 15 clubs a day. And though she thought I knew the answer, she knew, but she would not say 

Only the cool people heard Joe Cocker singing this.

• Thanks (+1) 1

They had to change the name of prunes (which are dried plums) to dried plums so people would buy them, the name prune was so toxic (and even toxic megacolon). But there's still prune juice. There isn't dried plum juice. There's prune juice even though you can't get juice from a dried plum. Or a prune. Why isn't it plum juice?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

They had to change the name of prunes (which are dried plums) to dried plums so people would buy them, the name prune was so toxic (and even toxic megacolon). But there's still prune juice. There isn't dried plum juice. There's prune juice even though you can't get juice from a dried plum. Or a prune. Why isn't it plum juice?

The “n” in prune puts your tongue on the roof of your mouth, pre-setting it for the “j” in juice, and you don’t have to stop the vocalization during the “n” to “j” transition (fun fact: “j” sound is just “ch” with a vocalization, just like b/p, v/f, d/t, g/k, there may be others.)

When saying plum juice, after the “p” you have to close your lips a second time for the “m” with your tongue resting, then time the tongue hitting the roof of your mouth for the “j”, while using your diaphragm to pause the vocalization slightly (for some reason, continuing the vocalization sounds weird through the “m” to “j” transition.)

I should have just said that “prune juice” is just easier to say.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The “n” in prune puts your tongue on the roof of your mouth, pre-setting it for the “j” in juice, and you don’t have to stop the vocalization during the “n” to “j” transition (fun fact: “j” sound is just “ch” with a vocalization, just like b/p, v/f, d/t, g/k, there may be others.)

When saying plum juice, after the “p” you have to close your lips a second time for the “m” with your tongue resting, then time the tongue hitting the roof of your mouth for the “j”, while using your diaphragm to pause the vocalization slightly (for some reason, continuing the vocalization sounds weird through the “m” to “j” transition.)

I should have just said that “prune juice” is just easier to say.

Can you please coach my choir in diction? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.