Come on, SS, get yer ***** together

PASabreFan

Interesting.

The search isn't case-dependent. If you type @ele... it will show @Eleven. But if you type @eleven and don't select the pop-up, it won't convert it to @Eleven when you submit your post.

You do have to type the space, though, when you search for, for example, @The Ghost of Doohickie. @theghos... etc. won't bring up a result.

But why? @Eleven

I dunno. I got bigger fish to fry.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Interesting.

The search isn't case-dependent. If you type @ele... it will show @Eleven. But if you type @eleven and don't select the pop-up, it won't convert it to @Eleven when you submit your post.

You do have to type the space, though, when you search for, for example, @The Ghost of Doohickie. @theghos... etc. won't bring up a result.

But why? @Eleven

All you do is type @ and then the first letter or two of the user name and then click on the one you want.  You can't type out @PASabreFan and hope it works

@PAS is all I type and you top the list and then I click on it and there you are ... @PASabreFan

You got it.

23 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

All you do is type @ and then the first letter or two of the user name and then click on the one you want.  You can't type out @PASabreFan and hope it works

@PAS is all I type and you top the list and then I click on it and there you are ... @PASabreFan

You got it.

^
this took me forever to figure out. I just learned this feature like 4 months ago 😂

I rarely use it anyway 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

^
this took me forever to figure out. I just learned this feature like 4 months ago 😂

I rarely use it anyway 

It works well to get a posters attention if you are not quoting  them directly, because a notification will be sent.  At least that is the way I have my notification preferences set ... to notify me if a poster quotes, reacts or mentions me in a post.  Otherwise they may not notice if they don't have time to invest in reading all posts.  I don't have time to read every post, so it's good to be notified and then I can read what someone says to or about me.  

It's a good way to keep track of your friends and enemies here and I don't seem to have any enemies.  At least none that have the balls to profess it.  It's well documented here that I am a lover and not a fighter.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So, wait. @Eleven got a bunch of notifications that I mentioned him?

I believe one can edit their notifications, but why would you not want to know when someone quotes or reacts to a post of yours and mentions you in a post.

So, it is likely that he is thinking ... damn that PA he is up to his nonsense again and now he's stalking me too.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Interesting.

But why? @Eleven

no you dont 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Weave said:

You know, i like seeing them as much as the next guy, but keep that ***** out of these threads. Last thing I need is to check SS at work and have someone see that on my screen as they are walking by.

My wife walked by....

She wouldn't kick them out bed for eating crackers.

If anybody is offended just them them  is gender neutral.

Edited by woods-racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.