Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Huh?

Tuch is from Syracuse, NY. I'd imagine he's good with the move.

Krebs is still a kid. Reportedly one with a good attitude. He'll presumably love HCDG, and readily find a way to fit in with a young roster.

Wait. Didn't we think everyone who came to Buffalo the last 10 years would love playing there?

9 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Isn't this very close to the proposed trade many on Sabrespace were predicting back in the summer?  Was it on the table in the summer and Sabres said no or was Vegas unwilling to add Krebs until last night?

Many of us put a trade of Krebs, 2022 1st, Tuch, and something else in the rumors over the year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Good riddance to Eichel.

I'm glad it's finally over.

If I'm being honest, I do not wish him well, why would I ?

For me to feel good about this entire saga, I hope Eichel never becomes a superstar and HoFamer and I hope Krebs, Tuch and the 1st do.  Why would I or anyone feel good if Eichel becomes an all time great wearing a different sweater ?  I don't wish harm to him and I hope he recovers from his injury, but, I don't wish any success for him on the ice.

If that makes me an ass, I'm an ass.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm not the biggest Buffalo cheerleader but I'll take it over the abomination, the affront to god that is Las Vegas, all day every day.

A family man might like Buffalo more.  Sure, the world has changed, but lots of past Sabres wives felt very comfortable in our community.   The Bills look for players that would value that aspect of Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

We just had this huge purge of players who didn’t want to be here. It’s a legitimate question to ask. I’d like to think Adams had these discussions, especially since he said he only wants players who want to be here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Many of us put a trade of Krebs, 2022 1st, Tuch, and something else in the rumors over the year. 

Yep exactly.  This is pretty much exactly what we all thought a trade would look like with Vegas over the summer.  We will never know but I'm curious why this deal consumated now and not in the summer.  Did Sabres drop their ask or did Vegas finally agree to add Krebs is the question I would be interested to know.

59 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

So how are the Sabres cap compliant? Is there another deal?

I like this trade, it is more then fair for the circumstances. Tuch and Krebs will add a lot and 3 1st round picks this season.

Sounds like for the Knights they can fit him in because of the injuries they have had recently theres enough cap space to bring him in and then put him on LTIR once he has the surgery which they believe will be any time now

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

The risk here is less than the risk on Eichel's health.  Enough with the hand wringing.

Oh. OK. I’ll go ahead and just let you control my thoughts and feelings. Shall I submit to you a list every morning so that you can tell me how to feel like by line?

10 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Yep exactly.  This is pretty much exactly what we all thought a trade would look like with Vegas over the summer.  We will never know but I'm curious why this deal consumated now and not in the summer.  Did Sabres drop their ask or did Vegas finally agree to add Krebs is the question I would be interested to know.

Personally I think Krebs has started slow on the score board and Vegas started slow. This made them rethink trading Krebs and they now feel good after 9 games of him moving him for Eichel. 

Peyton Krebs btw is going to be 21 in January. He is the same age as Dylan Cozens. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Georgia Blizzard said:

Good riddance to Eichel.

I'm glad it's finally over.

If I'm being honest, I do not wish him well, why would I ?

For me to feel good about this entire saga, I hope Eichel never becomes a superstar and HoFamer and I hope Krebs, Tuch and the 1st do.  Why would I or anyone feel good if Eichel becomes an all time great wearing a different sweater ?  I don't wish harm to him and I hope he recovers from his injury, but, I don't wish any success for him on the ice.

If that makes me an ass, I'm an ass.

Given the situation Jack is in, I don't blame him for wanting his preferred surgery.  I'm not sure it's the best course of action, but I don't blame him for holding out for it.

If anyone in Buffalo wasn't happy with Jack's time here, I think he's just as justified in being unhappy with the way the Sabres unfolded during his tenure here.

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Might have more to do with being able to fit Jacks salary in.

Sounds like they can do that now because of some recent injuries, they might be able to pull a Tampa and get him back for the playoffs where his cap hit won't need to be worried about til next year

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

…we all better cheer for Vegas the rest of this season…even if Broken John is in the lineup come March/April.  

[edited]Unless the 2023 draft is as good or better than the 2022 draft is supposed to be. 

The top two could be Crosby and ovechkin. I'm cool with either year. 

Edited by Kr632

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Sounds like for the Knights they can fit him in because of the injuries they have had recently theres enough cap space to bring him in and then put him on LTIR once he has the surgery which they believe will be any time now

Right.  But what about the Sabres?  I thought we were counting Eichel's salary to reach the cap floor.

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Oh. OK. I’ll go ahead and just let you control my thoughts and feelings. Shall I submit to you a list every morning so that you can tell me how to feel like by line?

Sure that'll work.  Send me a PM and I'll respond with the appropriate emotions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.