2021 NHL Draft, Friday 7/23/2021, 8pm EST

WildCard

Just now, Jävə Keith said:

The pre draft presser they said it was all about how they rate the players PROJECTION longer term.  Adams and Co. must have really liked some specific projection (also character/compete which is high on their list for building culture).  We won't know for a few years.  I'm giving Adams the benefit of the doubt on this one until he proves me wrong.  Go Sabres!

That's why they drafted Quinn because they projected him highly.

Just now, Jävə Keith said:

The pre draft presser they said it was all about how they rate the players PROJECTION longer term.  Adams and Co. must have really liked some specific projection (also character/compete which is high on their list for building culture).  We won't know for a few years.  I'm giving Adams the benefit of the doubt on this one until he proves me wrong.  Go Sabres!

Thanks for the reminder. We have to wait and see. It's not the end of the world.

Just now, Claude Balls said:

Thank you! Adams robbed the Flyers, then hours later ruined the draft. ***** clown.

Did your dog die?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Rosen played about [edit: 5] minutes/game on a crummy Leksands SHL team. But Scouching has him at 5 chances per game. He'll get better. Is he a reach? Yes, a bit. But he's only low scoring because he was deployed like Rob Ray was deployed.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Tiny minutes this past season. But he goes to the net. He's 2-3 years away, but his instincts and game are in the right place. He's a JJ Peterka light. .... If we didn't have so many other needs, I'd like this more. But if he get to 185#, he could be really, really solid.

Even 185 is still small. This is the NHL. Not every player can be Martin St Louis. 

10 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

no you don't. This organization needs to hit about 10 singles in a row before they start swinging for the fence.

They swung for the fence with Quinn. 

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I've decided I like her. She's cute.

Chicks named Emily usually aren’t cute. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's why they drafted Quinn because they projected him highly.

Doesn’t make him the right pick there. I still think this was a huge mistake. Isak will likely be a mistake too. These aren’t picks the Sabres should be gambling on, with the state they are in. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Even 185 is still small. This is the NHL. Not every player can be Martin St Louis. 

They swung for the fence with Quinn. 

Chicks named Emily usually aren’t cute. 

Doesn’t make him the right pick there. I still think this was a huge mistake. Isak will likely be a mistake too. These aren’t picks the Sabres should be gambling on, with the state they are in. 

You're running in the wrong circles my dude

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Either KA is going to look like a gangster in a few years or we are staring at year 15 of a playoff drought. The safe bet was Rossi last year and one of the goalies or the Russian kid. 

Lucius was the right pick there.  Center depth, skilled, 6'1" can grow into his size.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

I'm having deja-vu when it comes to Sabres GMs. Team is gonna suck FOREVER!!! I'm 53 and I might just be young enough to see the Sabres actually make the playoffs one year. Although, the way I've treated my body in the past, I'm not counting on it.

And then there are some who are quite a bit older who yet have a glimmer of hope that we'll be back in the thick of things.

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

No it's not, I've been a Sabres fan long enough to know how this story ends. It's like I've been branded with a big "L"

Wow.

If that's how you feel, then all the best to you. However, I have a feeling that this conversation may be revisited soon, and you may be forced to eat some humble pie.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

My initial reaction is that this a meh draft for Buffalo. I like Power and Rosen but not with the other talent on the board. 

I have to agree with you. I almost think Adams was pressured into taking Power, just because he was the consensus #1 with all the pundits. Oh, and because Terry wanted him. 

As for Rosen.....quite the reach.

C+ so far

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.