Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Oh, don't worry; I certainly know ownership has been garbage the past decade in a myriad of ways. I just will rarely side with a player over anything in this regard. You get paid a ton to play a game in a specific location; barring physical or mental harm you should hold your side of the deal regardless of what ownership does. The Pegulas after all do want to win, they are just incompetent. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, SDS said:

The best version of this song hands down:

This is obviously very good, but I’ll never understand the fascination some have with acapella. Music is better with instruments.  Boiling hot take.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

If an Eichel trade doesn't work out, I see him being a model citizen.   He'll show up for camp, train, buy in.. etc.   He's not going to grenade his own career out of spite.

He's not that guy.

I agree.  I think more than anything he wants to be healthy and wants to play.  I don’t think he will think twice about suiting up as soon as he is able.

As for buying in, I don’t know.  I don’t see him really buying in completely because I think he is pissed and wants a trade.

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Sabres still have all of the leverage.

They have most of it but not all. A simple reminder from Eichel that his NMC kicks in a year with a well-executed wink takes some of it away.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

This is obviously very good, but I’ll never understand the fascination some have with acapella. Music is better with instruments.  Boiling hot take.

Define instrument?

--------------

I don't think the Sabres will trade Eichel for an ROR like return. I don't think the owners are even smart enough to realize that if they do something like that again they will not recover the fan base.

Given that we've not heard anything about Eichel staying with the Sabres I believe the return will be good enough.  Probably not good enough for many on here, but good enough for the majority of fans. It will also be interesting to see how it gets spun once it happens.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Define instrument?

--------------

I don't think the Sabres will trade Eichel for an ROR like return. I don't think the owners are even smart enough to realize that if they do something like that again they will not recover the fan base.

Given that we've not heard anything about Eichel staying with the Sabres I believe the return will be good enough.  Probably not good enough for many on here, but good enough for the majority of fans. It will also be interesting to see how it gets spun once it happens.

The spin already started. 

"Players who want to be here" is bull and spin. Players want to win and this team loses because they've been run by idiots. 

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

They have most of it but not all. A simple reminder from Eichel that his NMC kicks in a year with a well-executed wink takes some of it away.

Some being like 5% at most. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Curt said:

Not a fan of acapellascience, (sic) are you?

Having said that, I am an instrumentalist at heart.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The spin already started. 

"Players who want to be here" is bull and spin. Players want to win and this team loses because they've been run by idiots. 

Some being like 5% at most. 

I don't know that it's spin or bull.  I've not seen anything from Eichel where he's indicating he wants stay.  I know players want to win, but if he's fed up with the losing and wants to move then regardless of the reason it means he doesn't want to be here. I'm not faulting him for that, but I wouldn't want him here either if I were trying to run a team.

I do believe if he's not dealt he'd do whatever he had to do to facilitate a trade, such as playing (if he can) and playing well.

12 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

If that's the case, then why exactly would he be traded?

We'll if he stayed and the Granato Sabres were suddenly competitive maybe he would decide to stay. But right now he wants out. Even if we start trending up Jack probably feels his career clock ticking and would rather play for a current contender.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

And if he's not going to be a problem, then why specifically do I care?

Because if he demands a trade after his NMC kicks in, it's Taylor Hall all over again. If you think the Sabres will get jobbed in an Eichel trade now, wait till his NMC kicks in.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Hopefully he stays and we make the playoffs next year.

Are you willing to bet on Eichel having a change of heart to risk hanging on to him and losing what leverage you have to make a deal now?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because if he demands a trade after his NMC kicks in, it's Taylor Hall all over again. If you think the Sabres will get jobbed in an Eichel trade now, wait till his NMC kicks in.

Are you willing to bet on Eichel having a change of heart to risk hanging on to him and losing what leverage you have to make a deal now?

Who cares if he demands a trade after his NMC kicks in? The only issue arises if they decide they want to trade him before his contract is up.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Who cares if he demands a trade after his NMC kicks in? The only issue arises if they decide they want to trade him before his contract is up.

You're essentially saying what I said. If they decide to trade him after July 2022, their options will be dictated by Jack.

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're essentially saying what I said. If they decide to trade him after July 2022, their options will be dictated by Jack.

I understand your position but don't fully agree with it. If the Sabres decide to keep Jack for now because a reasonable deal can't currently be arranged then whether his NMC kicks in at a later date that doesn't mean that the Sabres are required to trade him.  If the Sabres are open to trading him at a later date when his clause kicks they still are not required to trade him to teams on his preferred list if the trade offers are inadequate. The option for the Sabres then is the same as it is now: don't trade him unless it is in the team's best interest. 

Edited by JohnC

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But my point is that his only leverage would be to sit out which he won’t do, play poorly purposely, which he won’t do, or agree to go somewhere of their choosing. With Hall, he was in his last months, he could have just played it out and they would have gotten nothing for him.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I understand your position but don't fully agree with it. If the Sabres decide to keep Jack for now because a reasonable deal can't currently be arranged then whether his NMC kicks in at a later date that doesn't mean that the Sabres are required to trade him.  If the Sabres are open to trading him at a later date when his clause kicks they still are not required to trade him to teams on his preferred list if the trade offers are inadequate. The option for the Sabres then is the same as it is now: don't trade him unless it is in the team's best interest. 

How are you going to have a healthy locker room if your star player wants out? That sort of situation won't be in the team's best interest. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JohnC said:

45 minutes ago, tom webster said:

But my point is that his only leverage would be to sit out which he won’t do, play poorly purposely, which he won’t do, or agree to go somewhere of their choosing. With Hall, he was in his last months, he could have just played it out and they would have gotten nothing for him.

13 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

How are you going to have a healthy locker room if your star player wants out? That sort of situation won't be in the team's best interest. 

A lot of assumptions being made about how Jack will behave. If Eichel feels his career is going down the drain with the Sabres he can make things very ugly. Meanwhile you have a young team and new coach trying to revive the franchise with your star player hanging over like a stale fart in the room. 

I don't envy Adams' position because he will be ridiculed even if he makes the best possible decision. You are risking a lot waiting too long on Eichel. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

How's this

Eichel to Vegas for

Tuch, Krebs, Hague, Smith and their 2021 & 2022 1st

Trade the 2021 1st for Dvorak and Smith(50%) for a 2nd and a 4th in different years.

I’d take that.  I hope they get an offer that good.

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Jack has never been disruptive. Where are those assumptions coming from? No one is challenging the fact that he isn't happy with the course of this franchise but so are other players. He's a fierce competitor who wants to win. That's an attitude that you want your players to have. The point that I'm stressing here is that if the Sabres decide to trade him they should get back a fair return. The deal doesn't necessarily have to be in our favor but it has to be a fair value for an elite talent. No more ROR type deals. That was an act of foolishness that set this franchise back.    

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Jack has never been disruptive. Where are those assumptions coming from? No one is challenging the fact that he isn't happy with the course of this franchise but so are other players. He's a fierce competitor who wants to win. That's an attitude that you want your players to have. The point that I'm stressing here is that if the Sabres decide to trade him they should get back a fair return. The deal doesn't necessarily have to be in our favor but it has to be a fair value for an elite talent. No more ROR type deals. That was an act of foolishness that set this franchise back.    

We have been in fantasy land for a while now on this topic. Enough has been assumed and fabricated about Jack to construct a novel 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We have been in fantasy land for a while now on this topic. Enough has been assumed and fabricated about Jack to construct a novel 

Lord of the Tank: The Fellowship of the Fake Eichel Crap

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1