GDT: 3/24/2021: Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins 8pm NBCSN

DarthEbriate

Sabres need a person who knows hockey to team up with the GM to come up with a plan to rebuild the whole organization.  Make a decisive move to a team identity.  The hire a HC and staff to work to make that identity happen.  Tear this down and treat it like a pseudo expansion team.  The bandage approach has been a failure.  If this team wins five more games, it will be a minor miracle. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sad how rough cozens mitts and Bryson have looked lately 

And yet there are still some really nifty things from all of them here and there

I love how hard Cozens works to present himself open to teammates. This will be a big deal when we are fixing our transition and offensive plays and defensive outlets 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Sabres need a person who knows hockey to team up with the GM to come up with a plan to rebuild the whole organization.  Make a decisive move to a team identity.  The hire a HC and staff to work to make that identity happen.  Tear this down and treat it like a pseudo expansion team.  The bandage approach has been a failure.  If this team wins five more games, it will be a minor miracle. 

I agree, but they will drag this out to their detriment.

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I watch for the humor in it all. There's a ton of Rodney Dangerfield material game after game 😄

Sadistically I began enjoying the post game interviews.  Unfortunately the players no longer exhibit any frustration during them.  Seems they're just on autopilot now.  I could see some of them propping up cardboard cutouts of themselves during them in the near future.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And yet there are still some really nifty things from all of them here and there

I love how hard Cozens works to present himself open to teammates. This will be a big deal when we are fixing our transition and offensive plays and defensive outlets 

And Mitts is learning how to work the boards and win the puck in tight spaces.

A few thoughts:

Hall's attempted pass to Dahlin should put him firmly at $4M next year.

Colin Miller.  What his purpose on this Earth is is a mystery.  It definitely is not what he is doing now.  Thankfully Granato got him away from Dahlin eventually.

I didn't think it was possible to have worse positioning than Hutton, but Tokarski or whatever his name is has proven me wrong.

Is it too much to ask for Dunleavy to know whether a goal is scored or not?

Just disgusting on all levels.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.