GDT: 3/24/2021: Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins 8pm NBCSN

DarthEbriate

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Don't worry, no time to dwell on this loss. Right back at it tomorrow night to right the ship. 

There is nothing I'm worried about anymore.  Nothing but a huge earth shattering restructure of this entire organization will fix it.

IMHO.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I love the way you phrased that, because that is exactly what I think he is doing.  Busting his own balls.

I am not defending the quality of his play. He’s one of the worst players on the ice. But he gives 100% effort. He skates hard and is the one player that has a little bit of jump in his step. I can’t help it if it’s always the wrong way.

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dahlin needs to go to Rochester. He should not play another game here this year until we get a real coach. 

He needs to stay in the AHL until he dominates! I’m not talking a year or two. This kids play is so horrific that he needs a long term assignment if the Sabres are to salvage this kid

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, SDS said:

I am not defending the quality of his play. He’s one of the worst players on the ice. But he gives 100% effort. He skates hard and is the one player that has a little bit of jump in his step. I can’t help it if it’s always the wrong way.

I can agree with this.  But holy cow, those first two goals...

10 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I know some people say they don't like to watch the games, but for me, watching Cozens worth the price of admission alone.

No he is not.  He is a decent rookie.  Not a superstar game changer.  The Sabres have had many rookies more impactful in their first season.  

The rest of the team is so abysmal and not worthy of charging any price for admission.  

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No he is not.  He is a decent rookie.  Not a superstar game changer.  The Sabres have had many rookies more impactful in their first season.  

The rest of the team is so abysmal and not worthy of charging any price for admission.  

Was Cozens expected to be a superstar?

7 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

This team has to be worse than the tank team.  They're a punching bag of the NHL.

Well here's the thing:  They're not playing the NHL this this year.  They're playing a single division of pretty good teams plus the Devils.  We are not in the same league, so to speak, of those teams and RFK only made it worse.  I think Granato is doing what he can but he's trying to put out a fully involved dumpster fire with a fire extinguisher.

Someone upstream said we should have brought Gallant in right away and I can't say I disagree.

Stupid, sexy Gerard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I tuned in in time to see Eric Staal reaching for his Life Alert behind the play and Crosby flopping a bouncing puck into the Sabres' net. You can't make this up. We're into Exquisite territory here. It's damn near glorious. We will probably never see the likes of this again. It's approaching Epic. They say if you're going to be bad, be bad. The Sabres are doing this so right, so wonderfully.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Was Cozens expected to be a superstar?

No.   Which is why he is not worth the price of admission.  He is a solid rookie who has a bright future.  Not a player of the magnitude the original poster implied.  

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No.   Which is why he is not worth the price of admission.  He is a solid rookie who has a bright future.  Not a player of the magnitude the original poster implied.  

You are wrong for the simple fact that the OP said Cozens is worth them paying to see.

The Buffalo Sabres (not their fans) deserve this, honestly. You reap what you sow. We made a mockery of the game for two years, and weren't smart enough to figure out a way to right the ship afterwards. This is entirely because of decisions made in top positions within the organization, and the fallout will continue until something changes up there.

I am ready to move on from Jack, from Sam, and from Dahlin. Not because everything is tainted and we need an exorcism, but the symbolism there is a compelling narrative to bring along with it. Put these guys on organizations that can show them the right way, and then let's build one ourselves right here.

In doing so, the same mistakes as before cannot be made. There will be a lot of younger pieces coming back in these deals. Some of them, along with other assets and cap space, will need to be spent on identifying proper veteran players. Dylan Cozens has a lot of excellent instincts. He "plays the game the right way." We need vets who do the same thing, and have found success in this league doing so, that can show him how to use those instincts to win hockey games. We need to fight, scratch and claw to find the right players to do this. And we need the right coach to lead them out. If we go this path, given Gallant's story in Vegas, I wonder if he wouldn't be the perfect fit. 

I'm ready for it. We can't continue down the path we started in 2015, or 2018, or 2020. These players can't handle it anymore, and neither can the fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Buffalo Sabres (not their fans) deserve this, honestly. You reap what you sow. We made a mockery of the game for two years, and weren't smart enough to figure out a way to right the ship afterwards. This is entirely because of decisions made in top positions within the organization, and the fallout will continue until something changes up there.

I am ready to move on from Jack, from Sam, and from Dahlin. Not because everything is tainted and we need an exorcism, but the symbolism there is a compelling narrative to bring along with it. Put these guys on organizations that can show them the right way, and then let's build one ourselves right here.

In doing so, the same mistakes as before cannot be made. There will be a lot of younger pieces coming back in these deals. Some of them, along with other assets and cap space, will need to be spent on identifying proper veteran players. Dylan Cozens has a lot of excellent instincts. He "plays the game the right way." We need vets who do the same thing, and have found success in this league doing so, that can show him how to use those instincts to win hockey games. We need to fight, scratch and claw to find the right players to do this. And we need the right coach to lead them out. If we go this path, given Gallant's story in Vegas, I wonder if he wouldn't be the perfect fit. 

I'm ready for it. We can't continue down the path we started in 2015, or 2018, or 2020. These players can't handle it anymore, and neither can the fans.

This is a terrible take.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.