The 21-22 HC of the Sabres will be?

LabattBlue

21-22 Sabres HC  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm going to go with leaman, and we will all go apeshit over not going for experience and he'll win us a cup in 2 years 😛

This is Buffalo sports fandom in a nutshell.  Only thoughts like these would keep us coming back.

• Like (+1) 1

Me.

I'm quite sure I'm qualified. Nobody has ever heard of me before and I'm a really good  BS-er. Heck, I'll even sign the BS hat.

I know all the NHL hockey totally PC jargon....

Didn't have enough compete. 

Upper body injury and will evaluate in practice.

We couldn't practice so he's not inured.

The puck was to cold and we are following Covid protocol so he was held out (game/ practice).

We have a system and the puck is not in line with it so we will shoot it anywhere that it won't draw attention, especially the opposing teams goal.

Yesterday, I found out that the day before we played a team with players that tested positive for Covid, tomorrow I will be upset.

Never play below the puck. Not sure what that means but it sure helps.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rob BrindAmour.

I think KA hires Karmanos and they hire Brind’Amour and create a management group that know each other well and can communicate a unified vision.

Wake up wake up, you’re dreaming. Lol. 

I would love all of this to happen and it’s probably the best case scenario for the Sabres. That being said, it will never ever happen. Because Sabres. We aren’t allowed to have nice things. 10 years and counting. 

4 hours ago, Billznut said:

Wake up wake up, you’re dreaming. Lol. 

I would love all of this to happen and it’s probably the best case scenario for the Sabres. That being said, it will never ever happen. Because Sabres. We aren’t allowed to have nice things. 10 years and counting. 

Unless carolina dumps , I don't see him leaving a team build better than ours.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Not saying that this will happen, but I think the issue is money.  He would like to be paid like one of the top coaches in the league, and thus far the Carolina owner has been unwilling to give him an extension with that type of $$$.

13 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Enticing, but no way in hell Carolina let's Rod get away.

That’s probably true. However we need a top flight goal.

As to Leaman, I loved how he coached team USA.  Their plan was to get behind the D and go to the net. The D were active and it looked like he wasn’t forcing square pegs into round holes.  He also has been very successful at Providence.

What about Jeff Daniels, Rod’s top Asst in Carolina?  He has been a scout, AHL GM, NHL player, NHL asst twice and a successful HC with the AHL team. He also has two Cup rings as a player (Pitt) and Ast Coach (Car).  

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As to Leaman, I loved how he coached team USA.  Their plan was to get behind the D and go to the net. The D were active and it looked like he wasn’t forcing square pegs into round holes.  He also has been very successful at Providence.

What about Jeff Daniels, Rod’s top Asst in Carolina?  He has been a scout, AHL GM, NHL player, NHL asst twice and a successful HC with the AHL team. He also has two Cup rings as a player (Pitt) and Ast Coach (Car).  

Well I'm sold 🙂

39 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think most would say they don't want a first time NHL head coach here; it's the major objection to Leaman.  I'm not a hockey guy so no matter who they pick I'll go with the euphoria of the shiny new toy followed by the depression of realizing he's not superman.

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think most would say they don't want a first time NHL head coach here; it's the major objection to Leaman.  I'm not a hockey guy so no matter who they pick I'll go with the euphoria of the shiny new toy followed by the depression of realizing he's not superman.

From what I've read about Leaman I think I'd pick him over other assistant or even any AHL coach at this time. But still prefer a established NHL head coach. Truthfully I'm not sure we're all that attractive to any that might be available and money at this time could be a factor.

Again, our position is one of 31-32 similar positions in the world.  Maybe a coach with a lot of experience (Boudreau, Julien, Gallant, Babcock) might demand more money as a proven quantity and also because they are confident in landing a future coaching job with another team (and at this point don't really *need* the money if they've already had $1M+ contracts), but any of the next tier would likely jump at an opportunity to coach at the highest level in the world, even with a team that's currently a shitshow.

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Again, our position is one of 31-32 similar positions in the world.  Maybe a coach with a lot of experience (Boudreau, Julien, Gallant, Babcock) might demand more money as a proven quantity and also because they are confident in landing a future coaching job with another team (and at this point don't really *need* the money if they've already had $1M+ contracts), but any of the next tier would likely jump at an opportunity to coach at the highest level in the world, even with a team that's currently a shitshow.

Who's the next tier? Babcock I don't want at all even if he would come and not because of his standing us up before. I think, frankly, he's overrated.

If Brindamour is leaving Carolina it will be for salary purposes.  There is pressure from the Coaches Union for Brindamour to maximize His Next Contract. The Pegulas have proven they will pay coaches, but other teams would be more attractive. 

That being said Brindamour has numerous personal reasons to stay in Carolina and he doesn’t have the highest regard for the Sabres Organization. 

Leamans associate head coach at Providence is Ron Rolston.   Not sure I'm ready for another gardening gloves experience quite yet.

Coaching pro's is an entirely different experience than coaching college or junior players.   

Karl Taylor has a very successful history of coaching pro's.   I'd rather go that route at this point they don't have the luxury of experimenting with amatuer coaches.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Not even that, he can leave but why would he come here? If he leaves Carolina, the favorite will quickly become Seattle with Ron Francis in their front office having a connection to BrindAmour. Doubt Buffalo is even on the radar.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Reino23 said:

Not even that, he can leave but why would he come here? If he leaves Carolina, the favorite will quickly become Seattle with Ron Francis in their front office having a connection to BrindAmour. Doubt Buffalo is even on the radar.

Rod is Pacific Northwest boy. Seattle, oddly, has no coach yet.

Hmmm......

19 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rob BrindAmour.

I think KA hires Karmanos and they hire Brind’Amour and create a management group that know each other well and can communicate a unified vision.

Why would Brind’Amour leave Carolina?  Salary maybe.   Everything else is against it.  

Edited by Pimlach

5 hours ago, Radar said:

Who's the next tier? Babcock I don't want at all even if he would come and not because of his standing us up before. I think, frankly, he's overrated.

I'm not a Babcock proponent at all.  He presided over the demise of the Red Wings dynasty.

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If Brindamour is leaving Carolina it will be for salary purposes.  There is pressure from the Coaches Union for Brindamour to maximize His Next Contract. The Pegulas have proven they will pay coaches, but other teams would be more attractive. 

That being said Brindamour has numerous personal reasons to stay in Carolina and he doesn’t have the highest regard for the Sabres Organization. 

The coaches have a union?   I learn something new every day. 

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'd fear that if the Sabres hired a guy named Jeff Daniels that we'd end up with......😆

giphy.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.